GM diet introduced by General Motors helps coping with obesity, burning calories and staying in shape, in a few days.
The diet of every individual depends upon his needs. It may be weight loss, weight gain, avoiding food allergies, sports, lowering cholesterol etc. A person's diet may also be influenced by the religion or culture he follows. Whatever the reason, a diet should be a balanced diet and assure all the nutritional requirements to the body. It should help a person stay healthy and fit.
While many people around remain unfed, millions are trying to stop eating. Dieting provides a better way to fight the bad fats. There are many different diet plans followed by people like Atkins diet, Mediterranean diet, the South Beach diet or diet plans for lowering fat and address other obesity concerns. One such diet plan was introduced by General Motors which can be extensively used for fitness and losing weight in just seven days. Sounds exciting? Read on, to know how you can do it.
What is GM diet?
It was developed for the health and diet program of employees of General Motors. No wonder now, why it is called the GM Diet. This program is available at all General Motors Food Service Facilities. It was adopted in union with a grant of U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration in 1985. The main aim of this program was attainment of good health and fitness for every one.
How to go on the GM diet
Every diet plan you follow has certain limits. If you follow a proper structure of this diet plan, you will be able to see a new you after seven days. Here is a combination of the GM seven day diet plan. Please consult your doctor before adopting this plan. Individuals with any illnesses, pregnant women and children women must always refrain themselves from going on any diet without consulting their doctors.
- Drink ten glasses of water on each day of this plan
- Stay away from alcohol during all seven days
- Enjoy eating all fruits except banana on first day. Try eating more of watermelon and loupe for the best results.
- Start you day with potato for breakfast on the second day. This day is a day of cooked and raw vegetables of your choice. You can eat any quantity of your favorite vegetables but avoid using oil.
- Enjoy both vegetables and fruits of your choice on third day. Avoid potatoes and bananas on this day.
- Begin your fourth day with bananas and milk soup. Try to finish eight bananas and three glasses of milk on this day.
- Eat tomatoes and beef on fifth day. Increase intake of water
on this day to at least one third of your daily intake. You can
substitute beef with chicken, Soya nuggets or fish.
- Have a combination of beef and vegetables on sixth day, as mentioned above you can substitute beef.
- Start the seventh day with fruit juices. This day also consist of brown rice and vegetables of your choice
Advantages of GM diet
GM diet is strict. While it cuts off the extra calories off your body, it provides some more benefits along with it. It will just take seven days to enjoy the advantages of the GM diet.
- Helps lose weight effectively, almost 3 to 5 kg in a week
- Helps burning more calories
- Improves digestive system
- Provides plenty of energy
- Helps coping with obesity
- Helps bringing back your body in shape
- Helps cope with diseases caused by excessive weight
- Helps stay fit and healthy
- Helps improve attitude and emotional stability due to its purification system
Disadvantages of GM diet
Consult your doctor or a nutritionist to find out if the GM diet will work for you. Talk to people who have tried it. It may cause problems like hair fall, dry skin or headache in first few days. It may not suit all, so be careful while selecting any kind of diet plan.
Take the opinion of a dietician about the GM diet before you adopt it. Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated, when you are on the GM diet. Drinking lots of water may help you overcome its disadvantages. It has proved beneficial for many obese people. If you want to lose weight and burn fats, you can give the GM diet a try. A slimmer you may be just seven days away.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team