Curd or yogurt is dairy product which provides lot of health benefits to the human beings. It is not only and important part of the diet but also can be efficiently uses as a beauty product. Read on to know more about it.
Some of the dairy products or the other is a part of regular diet of almost everyone. All the dairy products have lots of nutritional values and provide lots of health benefits. At the same time these products add taste if used in the preparation of other food items. Some dairy products like cheese are an inseparable parts of certain food items.
These dairy products are also regarded as an important part of the diet of human beings. One such dairy product which can provide innumerable health benefits is curd or yogurt. Curd is prepared by fermentation of milk. It is said that curd provides more nutritional values than milk. Read on and find more about the health benefits of curd.
Nutritional and health benefits provided by curd or yogurt
It is regarded that to gain maximum health benefits from curd, we should eat it at a right time. Have a quick glimpse at the health and nutritional benefits of curd.
- Helps to improve the digestive system
- Helps to strengthen the immune system
- Helps to cope with stomach problems
- Beneficial for dealing with osteoporosis
- Consuming curd or yogurt increases the capacity to absorb the nutrients and minerals form other food stuffs
- Proves beneficial for the lactose intolerants as they can gain all the nutritive contents of milk through curd
- Consumption of curd provides relief to the person suffering from dysentery
- Consuming curd proves beneficial for those suffering from vaginal infection
- Helps to get strong bones and teeth as its calcium content is high
- Helps to minimise the risk of high blood pressure
- Coping with high level of cholesterol becomes easier with the help of curd
How to consume curd or yogurt?
If you are finding difficult to consume curd as a whole, you can club
it up with other food items. You can have a serving of curd regularly
with your lunch. Curd mixed with rice and a pinch of salts tastes
yummy. You can use curd when you do not like spicy food. For example;
if you do not like to eat spicy gravy you can add a spoonful of curd.
It will not only reduce the spice but also it will add a new flavour to
Having buttermilk prepared out of curd after the meals proves
beneficial for digestion of food. If you find difficult to consume curd
regularly you can have it occasionally in form of the Indian
preparations like lassi, shrikhand, piyush etc. You can add few pieces
of mango or strawberry to the curd and grind it. A fruity drink is
ready for you! Have it in form of curry by adding some coriander
leaves, turmeric powder, chilly powder, ginger and garlic. Even adding
a little sugar makes curd taste good. Curd can also be used in
Apart from providing nutritional and health benefits, curd is also used as a beauty product.
If curd is massaged on facial skin, it acts as skin bleach. It also
brings softness in skin. A fine paste of henna mixed with curd is good
for treating dandruff. It also acts as an excellent hair conditioner
and can be used for treating sunburns.
Curd or yogurt is used since ages to gain its nutritional and health benefits or as a beauty product.
According to Ayurveda, curd should not be consumed at night and should
be consumed when it is completely coagulated. Though it provides lot of
health benefits, over consumption should be avoided. Make sure that you consume curd when it is very fresh and get ready to enjoy its health benefits.