Your preschooler will develop a sense of ownership and will be able to understand emotions. Find out how parents can help preschooler in their development.
Do you feel you have got no energies left after running around behind your little one? Well, these years are called the “magic years” for your preschooler
, when she is partly in her own world and listening to you partly. It is getting hard for her to manage her imaginations at this age. Your preschooler shall continue to grow and get bolder over the years. Although, your child can attain developmental milestones
at different times, here are discussed some of the developments that you can expect to happen this month:
Development of Social Skills
Your preschooler will be socially a lot more developed than before.
- She shall love to brush on her own. In fact she might not like your interventions in her endeavours any more.
- She will love to be wanted among friends and would also have her best friend of same gender as hers.
- She shall slowly develop sympathy towards others and shall understand emotions like pain and happiness.
- She shall develop understanding about money, food and different appliances.
- She shall now try and differentiate between the reality and fantasy.
- She will love listening to stories and telling "tales".
- She will become more aware of her gender.
- She will develop a sense of ownership. She will think everything to be her own.
Development of Motor Skills
Her motor skills
have also developed fairly now. Let us take a look:
- She shall now attempt to jump high up.
- You can find her hopping on a foot.
- She can imitate you using the spoon and the fork.
- She can throw a ball quite far away.
- She can paddle a cycle.
- She shall love to swing, climb, and develop new structures, draw circles, triangles and squares.
- She shall love to climb down the stairs herself now.
Tips for Parenting Preschoolers
Your child has now attained one of the most important learning stages. You must shower her with plenty of enthusiasm to learn and get creative. It is important you take her to places like museums, zoo and galleries. May be these are no longer your places of interest, but make an attempt to visit them at some point or the other for the sake of your growing one.
Do continue reading books to her. Good books can be an interesting means to learn different concepts such as manners, good, bad, right and wrong. Concepts like light-heavy; big-small can be incorporated in daily objects like pillow, brick, balls and cups.
Friends play a very important role. You must encourage her to develop new friendships and retain the old ones. Such relations shall help her understand opinions of others, values and their behaviours. She shall soon understand how every house has a set of rules. This shall help her get more social and develop a wider perspective of life.
It is normal for her to be curious about body parts. You need not stress about this and make sure your answers are age appropriate. You need to be prepared for her questions in probably the oddest place and time. It is thus important you already have the answers in your mind.
Try not to overreact when she is throwing tantrums. You need to remember she is still growing and needs more time to learn to behave well.
It is normal to have queries and concerns in your mind. You can get in touch with her teachers or doctor to find appropriate answer to your questions. It is certainly exciting to see your little one accomplishing new tasks every day. Enjoy watching each and every moment of her growth and development.How to boost emotional development in preschoolers? How can parents help shy preschoolers to mix up? How should parents take care of preschoolers’ food and nutrition? Discuss here.