Raising a preschooler will be more challenging now as you have to deal with different issues. Find out about common issues that you might have to deal and ways to deal with them right here.
Your clumsy toddler has now grown up to an independent individual now. She is now busy exploring everything around her. Here we shall take a look at some of her main areas of growth and development.
Growth and Development of Preschoolers
Have a quick look at the important developments which can be observed in a 3 and half year old preschooler.
As she continues to grow, she gets stronger. You may also find her getting leaner or taller with time.
Development of Cognitive Skills
Her cognitive skills develop and she can now look for reasons and think gradually. You will find her developing interest in colours, alphabets and numbers.
Emotional and Social Development
Her social and emotional developments
are going on as well. However, you will be expecting too much if you think she shall be able to control her emotions now.
She must have learnt a lot more words by now. She can now effectively communicate with others, rather than crying like before.
Sensory and Motor Skills Development
You can expect significant motor and sensory developments in her now. She can now kick a ball, hold a pencil and stroke it against the wall or a piece of paper. She can also walk down the stairs and perform plenty of other activities.
Learning is a normal process and every preschooler
follows a distinct path to growth and development. You should not be worrying unnecessarily all the time, if you find her slow or lagging in some areas. You can always bring up the issues of growth, development, health and behaviour
to your doctor.
When You Should be Concerned?
You can see the doctor whenever you are concerned about her emotional or physical wellbeing. Here are some of the pointers that you must keep in mind:
- If you find she is not growing steadily.
- If you think she has not been able to reach most of the developmental milestones.
- If you find her abusive or violent.
- If you think she does not keep well most of the times.
- In case you think it is difficult for her to trace objects even when you pinpoint to her.
How to Help your Preschooler?
It is important that you learn about the behaviours of a preschooler, to be able to deal with her temper tantrums
. Some of the other common issues that you might have to deal with are thumb sucking, night mares and bed wetting at this age. When you already know what to expect, you can stay calm and not stress.
It is very important that you shower her with love and care. However, the other ways you can help her are as follows:
- You can read books to her.
- Make sure she takes a healthy diet. Her daily diet must be comprised of vegetables, fruits and healthy snacking options.
- She must get adequate rest. Proper sleep is also very essential along with a healthy diet.
- Encourage her to play with others. This shall help her learn to share and wait for her turn.
- You must set her limitations. Once you know she is in a secured environment, you need not restrict her when she wants to explore around.
There is no doubt in the fact that raising a preschooler is a difficult task. However, you need to be tactful and understand the best way to deal with her. While you may take some time to understand how to keep her under control, you may also seek help from her doctor and teachers in preschool. Watching her grow and develop is immensely pleasurable and demanding as well. It is very important you take good care of yourself so that you can look after her well. So, good luck mommies!What are common developmental concerns in a preschooler? How can parents help in preschooler’s development? How to prevent developmental delays in preschoolers? Discuss here.