It is possible to detect the signs of possible developmental delays only if growth and development pattern of preschoolers are known. Read on and ensure medical intervention in case of developmental issues.
Milestones are referred as the growth and development patterns that majority of the children follow. Children develop differently and generally you should not be worried if he appears slow in some areas. However, when there are any underlying problems, it is important to ensure medical intervention at the earliest. Seeing your doctor shall help you better understand his growth and development patterns. So, if you are in doubt, you can always look into a check list rather than worrying unnecessarily.
Here we shall take a look at some of the growth and development milestones
that you can expect this month:
Development of Fine Motor Skills
- Your little one can hold a pen or a pencil.
- You can expect her to draw the basic human structure.
- She can now brush her teeth without any supervision.
- She may be able to dress herself. However, she shall need your assistance to use the zip and put on the buttons.
Development of Communication Skills
She can now speak in sentences and no longer use her cries to communicate. Here are some language skill developments that you can expect from her now.
You may find him using 2 pronouns like he, she or "I".
Make sure you hold conversations with her. She shall love to tell you about her day in the school. She can now repeat a sentence that you just spoke. Encourage her to say her first and last name. You can also teach her your and his daddy's name now.
She can express her feelings now. You may expect her to tell you if she is hungry or sleepy or wants to play
. This shall make tasks comparatively easier for you.
You will find her getting more and more affectionate towards you. If you find her enjoying the pleasure of manipulating her genitals manually, you should not be worried about it. She is on her way of exploring her body and this is absolutely normal for her. You can gradually distract her attention to something else she loves. Do not scold or threaten her to not touch her genitals, as this will not do much good. After all, your child is too innocent to understand the concept of right and wrong.
You may also find her reeling under imaginary fears like injury or dark. However, she shall soon outgrow such fears
Signs of Possible Developmental Delays
Since it is normal to be worried as parents, here are some probable signs of developmental delays that you should be careful of. Take a look:
- You should be concerned if she is still not capable of sitting down, walking or climbing down the stairs.
- If she appears to run in an awkward style.
- If she is still struggling to pedal her tricycle.
- If she is not capable of kicking or catching a ball.
- If she cannot hold a pencil or pen yet.
- If she shows no interest in drawing.
- If she is not capable of speaking yet. See if he is not capable of telling the incidences at school.
- If she appears frustrated upon not being able to express.
- If she cannot understand what you tell her.
Get in touch with your doctor and let her diagnose your child. She shall be the right person to suggest you a course of treatment if necessary. Early intervention shall help bring most of the problems under control. Make sure to cooperate with the specialist for speedy outcomes. Wish you all the very best mommies!What are common signs of developmental delays? How to encourage right growth and development in preschoolers? How to prevent developmental delays in preschoolers? Discuss here.