Intellectual development in preschoolers is at its peak. Find out the activities that you can plan with your preschooler for intellectual development.
Your 4 year old this month is capable of lot more than before. You are in for plenty of surprises as she develops a lot more skills. Here we have listed some of her developments that you can expect this month.
Intellectual Development of Preschoolers
- You may find her getting engaged in imaginary plays.
- She shall start naming colours and understand simple counting.
- She shall slowly begin to understand the concept of time now.
- She knows a lot more words than before. You can further stimulate her communication skills by reading books, holding conversations with her and asking her questions.
Physical Development of Preschoolers
Here are lists of physical development you can expect from her this month:
- She shall be busy hopping, swinging and doing some somersaults now. She will love to stand on her single foot for some time now.
- She shall be aware of her body parts and can draw a basic human structure now. Apart from drawing a circle, she shall also learn to copy a square or capital letters. She has also mastered the art of using scissors.
- She shall love to explore her physical strength, however; may get frustrated upon not being successful. Be prepared for all the skids and falls.
Social Development of Preschoolers
Here are some of the social developments you can expect this month:
She shall love interacting with people around more. Encourage her to participate in different activities, as she shall learn a lot from playtimes and interactive sessions.
It is very important that she develops problem solving skills fast and not bring in much emotion into it.
Emotional Development of Preschoolers
Your child at this age is moving between reality and fantasy. You may often find her engaged in imaginary plays. You may find her getting confused between a fantasy and reality. It is normal for her to develop fear of the dark
and wake up suddenly at the middle of the night.
You must consider her emotions seriously. In fact you can help her making sense of all her emotions. It is normal for the preschoolers to throw tantrums
and get violent at times. Help her calm down and teach her to deal with strong emotions.
You may also consider visiting a paediatrician, if you think she is getting too aggressive sometimes.
Spiritual Development in Preschoolers
Your child has a very active imagination now. She may also be inclined towards the supernatural phenomenon.
You need not be surprised if you find her developing strong faith in God. You will be amazed to listen to her own views about life, the world and the all powerful.
You will also find her developing interest about spiritual experiences, symbols and stories.
She shall soon develop an understanding of the good and the evil.
If you have the habit of developing spiritual languages in your family, you will be surprised how quickly she catches them.
however should not be considered as rigid developmental deadlines. These are just a general pattern of growth the most of the children follow. So, even if she is lagging behind in some areas, you may soon find her developing her skills and getting better. In case you are concerned about her rate of growth and worried about the developmental delays, you can always get in touch with your doctor.
This is the time when she shall vide for your attention constantly. You may be surprised by her change in behaviour, as she was pushing you away 6 months back! She shall be getting more and more demanding and attached to you in the coming months. The strategies that you had once devised may no longer appear that useful any more. However, do not worry, as this too is part of her developmental process.How to stimulate communication skills in preschoolers? Which activities are good for intellectual development in preschoolers? How to help preschooler deal with strong emotions? Discuss here.