Your 4 Years, 6-month-old preschooler is full of curiosity and busy exploring her world. Help your preschooler in her growth and development by providing an interesting and stimulating environment.
Now that your child is quite a grown up issues such as sex, relationships, people around and opinions shall be visible to him more than before. She shall continue exploring her world asking lots of questions and trying to dress herself up.
If you are concerned about her development, health and growing up issues, here we have attempted to answer some of them for you. Read along for the interesting facts you have been looking for.
Understanding Development of a Preschooler
Be prepared for the questions coming from her now. Some of her queries on death or sex can be embarrassing indeed. She will be naturally curious to know from where she came. Make sure to keep your answers simple and age appropriate. Your little one shall be usually capable of the following:
She shall be able to understand some of the simple things you ask her. She can fetch you a cup now or bring her own dress when you ask her to do so.
- She will be able to arrange things according to their size. She shall also be able to segregate things based on colours.
- She can now compare different objects and point at the one that is heavier.
- You can find her drawing the arms, legs and head of a human structure.
- She can differentiate between the afternoon and the morning.
- She shall be able to count till 20.
- She can recognise simple signs on the road like STOP.
- She can now tell her parents name and also the address if taught and when asked.
- She can easily copy a square, triangle or a cross now.
What Your Preschooler Shall Enjoy
She has her unique personality and may have developed her own favourites by now. It is very essential that you support her interests. Here are some of the things that she would love to enjoy now. Take a look:
- You will find her giggling at silly words and simple funny jokes.
- She shall love listening to rhymes or stories in a particular rhythm. You may also find her making her own rhymes.
- She will love playing with children of her age now.
- She shall also develop interest in simple computer games.
Tips for Parenting Preschoolers
Your job as a parent is to support her growth and development. Apart from feeding her well, it is also essential you spend quality time
with her. Provide her with a stimulating and interesting environment that shall make him eager to explore more. Take a look at what you can do.
- You can ask her about her day at school. Listen to her patiently when she is trying to say something to you.
- Reading to her is a very good idea. You can show her pictures while reading and ask her to act out a character she loves the most.
- She is now learning to group objects in different sections. She can now separate buttons from the coins.
- Allow her to try the tricycle. If she is keen on trying the bicycle, you can help her with that too.
- Give her plenty of opportunity to draw and paint.
- Encourage and praise her for everything she does successfully. This shall be a very positive step towards her development.
In case you find her regressing like not speaking
well or suddenly shying away from every one, you can bring it to the notice of your doctor. Follow the instructions of doctor as early intervention and right management can be of great help to fix developmental delays.How to stimulate preschoolers intellectually? How to answer the queries of preschoolers? Which sort of toys fascinates preschoolers? Discuss here.