Raise your kid in a safe and secured environment by guiding her. Here are some parenting tips to help take care of the safety aspects of your child.
This is the time when your little one is preparing for the real school feel. She shall no longer be protected like she was in home or the preschool. This is the age when she shall want more appreciation, encouragement and approval from others. She shall want to please others and garner their attention.
Checklists Before the School
If you are preparing your child for the school, here is the checklist that you need to keep in mind:
- She should be in good health.
- She should be able to eat well by herself. Apart from this, she must also be able to take care of herself like using the bathroom, washing her hands, and dress herself properly and so on.
- She must be able to work independently for some time.
- She should be able to follow rules and abide by them.
- This is high time she knows her name and name of her parents.
- She should be able to follow instructions and work under adult supervision.
- She must be able to follow simple signs like STOP
- She must be able to ride the bicycle by now.
- She must be able to sort things based on size, colour or shape.
- She should be able to compare between the big and the small, light and the heavy and so on.
- She must be able to recognise few objects like an aeroplane, apple, book, bag and so on.
- She shall be able to count around 10.
- She may even attempt to write her name.
This is the time when your child is undergoing too many changes. It is essential you spend quality time with her. Here is a list of helpful parenting tips
/raising-children/130_3461/top-5-parenting-tips.html that you can take a look at.
- You must show respect towards your child.
- Make sure you praise her for all the developments she goes through.
- You must be affectionate towards her.
- It is normal for her to fall or meet with minor accidents while playing. You should not make a big deal out of it and rather ask her to be careful next time.
- You must enrich her experiences by taking her to parks, libraries and zoos.
- She shall be very imaginative now and explore in different make belief games.
- You must educate her about the right and the wrong.
- You must avoid physical punishments. You can adopt the constructive methods for disciplining him instead.
Sexual Developments in Your Preschooler
This is the time when she must be aware of his different body parts and that includes her genitals as well. While it may seem a tough subject let her know about inappropriate touches and how she must revolt to them. You can also seek help from her teachers or doctor when it comes to discussing such topics.
You also need to keep in mind that your child's exploration and curiosity about sex is totally normal.
Even though she is quite a grown up now, you must take care of the safety
aspects. Here are some aspects that you must keep in mind:
- She must wear his seatbelt while travelling.
- If you have knives and scissors at home, do ensure they are shelved properly.
- Keep away the medicines, toiletries away from her reach.
- You must teach her the way to interact with strangers at the door or over the phone.
- Do not smoke at home.
- Ensure she wears a head gear while riding the cycle. She must also be careful of the traffic while on road.
After all you will certainly want to raise your kid in a safe and secured environment
. Good luck moms!How to deal with safety concerns of preschoolers? How to raise a 5-year-old preschooler? How to talk to preschoolers about sexual developments? Discuss here.