Parenting a preschooler will require you to engage in conversations now so as to help in communication development skills. Find out how you can help in boosting the development of your 4years and 11-month-old preschooler.
Your preschooler is learning and developing rapidly at this age. Together with her physical changes, you can also expect changes in the ways she thinks and interacts now. Now that she is completing her 5th year, she is a lot more independent than before. You will find her all the more self reliant and shall love expanding her social circle. She will appear steadier than before, however; it might get difficult for you to predict her emotional reactions at times.
She will love to play different roles and test her limits. It is essential you stay around her when you feel she is getting herself in some kind of dangers. By the time she turns 5 years, she shall gain better control over her emotions and feelings.
Here are some general guidelines stated that you can expect her to attain this month:
Understanding a 4Years and 8-Month-Old Preschooler
You may find her talkative, friendly and a lot more curious than before. She has developed her self confidence
/health/324_3397/building-self-confidence.html to quite an extent and tries to please others now. She will be more sympathetic towards others and try solving their problems. However, she may still appear stubborn
and cranky in some cases.
She shall love to keep herself absorbed in the preschool games. Fear of night, dogs and insects shall be normal at this age. However, she shall calm down with your reassurances.
Development of Cognitive Skills in Preschoolers
This is the time when you may find her confused at times distinguishing the real from the fantasy. Here are some other developments you can expect this month:
- She shall be able to distinguish objects based on colours, size and shape.
- Her counting skills will be improved.
- She shall be able to separate coins.
- You can expect an answer when you ask about her age.
- She shall be able to identify more than 4 colours now.
- She shall be able to know about simple opposites now.
- She shall understand the meaning of some relations.
Explorations and Adventures
She shall love venting out her energies moving and jumping around now. Here are some developmental milestones
you can expect this month:
- She shall love climbing the stairs.
- Jump around or hop in one foot
- Build blocks and towers.
- Throw or catch a ball with a single hand.
- Draw a circle or copy another image.
- She shall love tip toeing
- Develop constructions with her hands.
Development of Preschooler’s Communication Skills
She can now communicate her feelings effectively without crying. Here are some other developments you can expect this month:
- She can speak uninterruptedly.
- She can now argue using words.
- She may still not be able to speak some words clearly.
- She may ask you simple questions like how, when, what and why.
- She may follow your simple commands.
- She will love listening to stories but misinterpret some of the facts.
- She can understand comparisons like good, better and best.
Helping Preschoolers Develop Self Control
With time she shall start understanding social rules. While she may not agree to follow the family rules
, it is essential you help her develop self control
As a parent it is important you engage in conversations with her rather than react to the tantrums. This shall help her understand how to react to different situations.
You can negotiate by offering her some choices. Parenting
takes a lot of patience and you should not feel overwhelmed dealing with her demands. It is important you prepare her for the trouble spots that you are aware of as a parent. She shall be following you when it comes to dealing with different circumstances and situations.How to help preschooler expand her social circle? What is the best way to deal with tantrums in preschooler? How to deal with moody preschoolers? Discuss here.