Every parent wants her child to eat healthy food. Making healthy snacks and presenting healthy food creatively can help you to encourage healthy eating in your child. Read on to find ways to encourage healthy eating in children right here.
Nutrition for children and teens is very important as it will give them a long and healthy life. Healthy eating
sharpens the minds of children along with stabilising energy and even helps them overcome moodiness. It is also true that the most difficult task for any parent is to make their kids eat healthy and nutritious food daily.
Children meet other kids and watch the TV commercials of tempting fast food
items and hence do not like to eat healthy food. Well, you can prepare healthy snacks and foods that are tempting also and at the same time you should also teach children about health and nutrition. With tasty and healthy food you can help them grow well and become confident adults.
Encouraging Kids to Eat Healthy Snacks
Have a quick look at top 10 tips for making healthy snacks
- Cut small pieces of fresh fruits and dip them in whipped yogurt which can be of any flavour like vanilla or lemon.
- When making sandwiches make use of whole wheat bread and top it with sliced fresh fruits like apple, banana and shredded carrots.
- Make use of grilled chicken breast and add tomato, pepper and avocado for taste and health.
- You can also make fillings of burger or other sandwiches by switching to more raw and fresh ingredients.
- Whatever you present, do it with style like decorating the sandwich by making different faces.
- If your child does not like fruits, add them with custard or ice cream.
- Make kabobs of fresh vegetables and give them funny shapes so that kids get attracted and enjoy eating them too.
- Make use of whole grain bread and the basic nutritious items.
- While packing lunch make sure they are easy, packable and healthy. Avoid readymade and convenience packages as they have some or the other harmful preservatives.
- Kids prefer eating roles and wraps instead of eating bread and vegetables separately. Do not forget that your main intention is to provide nutrition and what will be a better option that the food item that your kids enjoy eating.
Apart from this there are few more steps that can be taken so that your child takes in healthy food and grows up to be a fit and strong adult. Developing healthy eating habits in children is the best option as this will motivate them and encourage them to eat healthy food.
Do not forget that children are intended to imitate and so you can become a role model by eating healthy food. You cannot expect your kids to eat fruits and vegetables when you opt for potato wafers and soda. So, start preparing as many food items at home as possible and promote healthy eating in your kids.
How to Develop Healthy Eating Habits in Children
- Prepare food at home
- Have at least one family meal daily
- Involve your kids in preparation and serving of food
- Prepare healthy snacks at home
- Limit portion size and never use food as bribe or reward
The most difficult time comes when the child is choosy and you cannot help. Well, try to make the meal time playful. Do not expect that your child will start eating all healthy foods immediately after you explain things to him. Making it a habit will take a long time. Do not ban any food item completely. Instead lessen the frequency of fast food or any unhealthy food. It is challenging and needs patience.