Pomegranate is a rich source of antioxidants, zinc, Vitamin C and vitamin A. Consuming pomegranate is good for reducing the signs of ageing. Pomegranate provides a lot of health benefits and has a lot of healing properties. Read on to know more about the health benefits of pomegranate.
Health benefits of fruits are well known to most of us. Above all the fruits, pomegranate is said to be extremely beneficial. Pomegranate is one of the earliest fruits that have been cultivated and consumed by people in different parts of the world. Several myths and stories are also attached to this fruit.
Today, studies have proved that pomegranate helps support body’s natural defense and this even helps fight cancer, heart diseases, arthritis and many age related health problems as well. Because of its varied benefits along with anti-aging possibilities, pomegranate is available in several food and beverage variations. You have ice creams, juices and other dishes.
What are the Health Benefits of Pomegranate?
Following are the health benefits of consuming pomegranate on regular basis.
- People suffering from heart diseases get benefited in the long run if they have a regular intake of pomegranate.
- It has natural sugar and
is safe for diabetics.
- Eating pomegranate can keep your skin younger looking and keep it free from wrinkles for longer time.
- Pomegranate fruit diet helps increase metabolism and aids in weight loss even.
- Pomegranates are rich source of zinc, Vitamin C and A. These along with the antioxidants present help you fight with natural cold and feel better.
- Pomegranate helps boost fertility in women and helps them conceive faster. They not only get pregnant in natural way but also give birth to healthy babies.
- It reduces the risk of
premature child birth. There is no chance of having low birth weight baby
if the mother takes pomegranate on regular basis during pregnancy.
- Pomegranate increases sex drive and acts as fertility boosters for men too.
- Pomegranate is a powerful natural ingredient for youth and beauty products. It helps strengthen hair, protects your skin, revitalises your facial skin, enhances emotional and spiritual health and makes you feel younger.
- Organic pomegranate juice
or the fruit helps increase oxygen level to the heart.
Healing Properties of Pomegranate
Let us have a look at the healing properties of pomegranate.
- Pomegranate reduces formation of unnecessary blood clots and avoids clustering of blood platelets.
- It helps reduce blood
pressure levels and enhances oral health as well.
- It has been found in recent researches that pomegranate compounds help in eliminating prostate cancer and hence reduces its growth.
- Pomegranate juice diminishes the chances of breast cancer.
- This fruit prevents heart
strokes and attacks.
- It helps fight cell damage.
- Organic pomegranate helps
combat erectile dysfunction in males.
- It helps prevent anemia, hair loss, weakness, exhaustion and dizziness as it supports healthy blood flow.
- It helps during menopause, bone loss and hot flashes.
- Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants. Daily intake of pomegranate puts off bad cholesterol from getting oxidised and hence helps the person stay away from atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate juice is as useful as the fruit itself. So, no matter whether you eat the seeds of the fruit or you drink the juice, you will get all the benefits. You can use it for dressing for your salad, or just peal and eat it or take in pomegranate juice to get the benefits. To get the most, eat it when fresh and juicy.
Pomegranate might interfere with some specific medicines. So, it is always better to consult your physician whether the fruit is safe for you or not. Also, take utmost care of the juice when eating pomegranate. The juice can stain your fingers, clothes and kitchen countertops.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team