This asana are a great help to diabetes patients and have numerous other benefits too.
This looks simple, but is in fact one of the most difficult asanas to do.
1. Sit on a mat with your legs stretched straight out in front of you.
2. Breathe OUT. Slowly bend forward, trying to touch your feet. Don't bend your knees.
3. If you feel a constriction while bending, straighten up slightly and then try and bend further forward.
4. Don't push yourself too hard. You may not be able to get very far if you are a beginner. Don't get impatient and push yourself too hard. You will only injure your muscles. Just bend forward as far as you can go.
5. It is important that you hold this pose. There is no point in just bouncing back and forth.
6. Exhale, while returning to normal position.
- Stretches the back and spine
- Stretches the shoulders
- Stretches the hamstrings
- Beneficial for the kidneys, liver, ovaries and uterus. (It is thus a must for women. It also helps ease menstrual discomfort.)
- Beneficial for diabetics and improves digestion.
Don't attempt this asana if:
You have back problems, asthma or diarrhea.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team