By - Mrs. Meenakshi (Pahal) Soni (Reiki, Angel Cards and Crystal Expert)
Chakra is a Sanskrit word which literally means wheel or circle. The chakras are a part of our spiritual anatomy and our energy centers of our physical body. Every chakra vibrates and rotates at different speeds.
The root or first chakra rotates at the slowest speed, the crown or seventh chakra at the highest. Blocked chakras will lead to blocking energies which will disturb our system and lead to chronic diseases and make us feel sick and out of balance. This will also affect us mentally and disturb our peace of mind. Suppressed feelings and emotions can lead to blocking of chakras. When chakras are balanced it will lead to harmony, feeling of well being, one will be able to connect to the higher self. Like it is rightly said a healthy body will lead to a healthy mind and vice-versa. There are 7 main chakras and each is associated with a different color and element.
Colour - Red
Element - Earth
- This centre provides calcium to the bone structure and skeletal systems. It balances kidneys and urinary system.
- It is the first chakra of our life and is located at the base of the spine.
- This centre holds the basic needs for survival, security and safety.
- The root chakra is powerfully related to our contact with the Earth, providing us with the ability to be grounded into the earth plane.
- Effects - If this chakra is blocked an individual may feel fearful, anxious, insecure and frustrated, loss of self confidence. Problems like obesity, anorexia nervosa, and knee troubles can occur
- Root body parts include the hips, legs, lower back and sexual organs.
Colour - Orange or Golden Yellow
Element - Water
- It is located two inches below the navel and is rooted into the spine
- This centre holds the basic needs for sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth.
- Most vital function is reproduction and self development.
- Effects - If this chakra is blocked it will cause kidney weakness, stiff lower back, constipation, and muscle spasms, fever, cold and urinary problems.
- Body parts include sexual organs women, kidneys, bladder, and large intestine.
Colour - Bright Yellow
Element - Fire
- It is located two inches above naval.
- The third chakra is the centre of personal power, the place of ego, self respect. It develops and balances heat and energy in our body.
- Effects - When this chakra is out of balance you may lack confidence, be confused, worry about what others think, feel that others are controlling your life, and may be depressed. It affects the digestive system of the body causes gas and acidity as well which in turn affects other body parts
- The body parts for this chakra include the stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, and small intestine.
Colour - Green
Element - Air
- Located in the centre of chest. Link between upper three and lower three energy chakras. Center for love, compassion and hate
- Whenever the Manipur chakra is affected, the Heart chakra is also immediately affected. Tensions, emotions affect this chakra.
- Effects - When this chakra is out of balance you may feel sorry for yourself, paranoid, indecisive, afraid of letting go, afraid of getting hurt, or ignored.
- Body parts effected by the fourth chakra include heart, lungs, circulatory system, shoulders, and upper back
Colour - Light Blue
Element - Sky
- Located around Thyroid glands. This is the energy centre for voice, expression and for communication.
- It affects the throat, blood circulation, lungs, arms, heart etc.
- Development of this chakra helps in communication and expressing our views with confidence which leads us to success
- Effects- If this chakra is blocked one will suppress their feelings and not be vocal about it and will lead to cold, cough, asthma.
- Body parts for the fifth chakra are throat, neck, teeth, ears, and thyroid gland.
Colour - Bright Indigo
Element - Spiritual centre containing essences of all centres.
- Located between the two eyebrows
- It is referred to as the sixth sense as well
- This is the centre for psychic ability, higher intuition, the energies of spirit and light.
- It also assists in the purification of negative tendencies and in the elimination of selfish attitudes.
- Through the power of the sixth chakra, you can receive guidance, channel and tune into your Higher Self
- Effects- When this chakra is not balanced you may feel non-assertive, afraid of success, or go the opposite way and be egotistical. Physical symptoms may include headaches, eyestrain, loss of memory and anger. When this chakra is balanced and open you are your own master with, are not attached to material things, and may experience telepathy, astral travel, and past lives.
- Sixth chakra body parts include the eyes, face, brain, lymphatic and endocrine system
Crown Chakra - This is the seventh and topmost chakra. Not associated with any element
Colour - Violet
- It signifies the highest level of enlightenment which can be attained through Dhyan and Sadhna. The energy coming out of this Chakra flows through the whole body.
- While practising Reiki, this chakra is not directly touched. This chakra is developed by developing other chakras of the brain.
- By developing the crown chakra one can save himself from paralysis, diseases of right eye etc. This Chakra is like Brahma.
- Effects - When this chakra is unbalanced there may be a constant sense of frustration, no spark of joy, and destructive feelings. Illnesses may include migraine headaches and depression. Balanced energy in this chakra may include the ability to open up to the divine and total access to the unconscious and subconscious.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team