Celebrating navratri is all about getting blessed by Goddess Durga. Celebrate navratri this time by following some safety precautions and enjoy the festival completely.
Nine days of navratri
are filled with the blessings of Goddess Durga
. These nine days are enjoyed by playing dandiya
and garba raas
. Enjoying dandiya
is not limited to the youth. Senior citizens and elderly people participate with the equal energy and gusto with the younger generation. This is because playing dandiya
is considered to be auspicious during these nine nights. To make the most of this musical festival full of blessings, devotion and happiness you need to follow some safety precaution. Read on to know more on how to have a safe navratri
Tips for taking safety precautions during navratri
Have a quick look at some simple tips to celebrate navratri
safely. Follow these rules and make others aware about it too.
- Beware of pickpockets, as there is a lot of crowd during these nine nights for playing dandiya and garba
- Avoid carrying money or cell phone while dancing, you may not even know when you lost them
- Avoid wearing gold jewellery while dancing as it can dropwhile dancing or can be stolen too
- Carry a water bottle with you, it will surely help when you are tired of dancing
- Make sure that there is first-aid box available as most of the people get hurt. They get hurt because of the dandiya sticks hitting on the hand. Some people may fall off while dancing. Some people might faint after dancing in circles
- Avoid wearing tight clothes while dancing
- Avoid crossing the time limit sanctioned by the government for playing loud music
- Try to dance by keeping certain distance to avoid injuries
- Keep an eye on your children throughout as they might get lost in the crowd
- Avoid indulging in unreasonable fights as they might result in complications. This might ruin your and others happiness during festival
- Try to stay together with your family and friends. Avoid communicating with strangers.
- Avoid shouting unnecessarily while playing dandiya
The only reason for performing dandiya
is earning the blessing of Goddess Durga
. But some people indulge in undesirable activities during this festival which is wrong. While celebrating this festival you should remember Goddess Durga
who destroys all the evils from our life and invoke her blessings. Thus you must avoid alcoholism and drugs while performing the auspicious dance form of dandiya
We should try to protect our culture by celebrating this festival in a traditional way. We should avoid giving an outline of western culture to this festival. This will help us to avoid the erosion of the real essence of this festival. This festival not only has a religious significance but also a social significance. Lots of people come together and celebrate this festival which implies the unity of Indians. We should thus make each other aware about the importance of such festivals. This will help us to stop abuse of our valuable culture. May Goddess Durga
bestow innumerable blessings upon you and your family this navratri
. Clap, tap and stay safe.