By - Mrs. Meenakshi (Pahal) Soni (Reiki, Angel Cards and Crystal Expert)
Mantras are energy based sounds which produce vibrations in the Universe. The word "mantra" is derived from two Sanskrit words. The first is "manas" or "mind, which provides the "man" syllable. The second syllable is drawn from the Sanskrit word "trai" meaning "to protect or to free from". Therefore, the word mantra means "to free from the mind".
Saying any word produces an actual physical vibration. When we know what the effect of that vibration is, then the word may come to have meaning associated with the effect of saying that vibration or word.
We usually have intent while saying a word or phrase, if the actual physical vibration is coupled with a mental intention, the vibration then contains an additional mental component which influences the result of saying it. The sound is the carrier wave and the intent is overlaid upon the wave form. Reciting mantras can help one connect to the higher self and increase intuition and create peace and balance of mind.
"Om" chanting is one excellent technique, helps increase intuition and has great results if done at night just before going to bed.
- To overcome all obstacles and before any new beginning:
Om vakratunda mahakaya surya koti samahprab, nirvidhnan kuru me dev sava karyeshu sarvadha
- To do well in studies and for good results in education:
Om Namaste shared devi veena pustak dharini. Gyan vigyan siddhyarth dehi main vimlan matim
- To attain a good husband as per ones desire:
Om Katyayini mahamaye mahayoginya deshwari. Nand gope sutan devi patim me kuru ten amah.
- To attain a child:
Om devakisuth govind vasudev jagatpatey. Dehi main tanyan Krishna tvan aham sharnangath
- To overcome financial problems
Om sarvabadha vinirmukto, dhandhanya sutanvit, manushyo matprasaden bhavishyati na sanchay
- To attain all happiness and prosperity: Om sarva mangal mangalye shivay sarvathe sadikhe. Sharnaye triyambake gauri narayani namostuthe.
What Reciting of Mantras Can Do
- Mantras create thought energy waves
- Mantras are power tools
- Mantras energize Prana (life energy)
- Mantras bring peace to the mind
- Mantras help in self realisation
- Mantras can connect us to our subconscious mind
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team