A healthy pregnancy is the dream of every pregnant woman. A good prenatal care is very important for a healthy pregnancy. The consideration of health is important when planning to get pregnant. Regular exercise regimen helps in maintaining the health. There are specific exercises for pregnant women. There are many benefits of a healthy body during pregnancy. Read on to know more.
A good prenatal care is very important for pregnant women and when you are planning to conceive. Keeping good health and taking care of the body and mind is extremely important for the unborn child and the mother.
Exercising Means Keeping Fit
Exercising regularly is a way to attain this. Further it has been observed and proven that regular exercising can effectively reduce the aches and pains that are a natural accompaniment of pregnancy. That is, they are sort of a natural follow through resulting from wear and tear of the muscles and joints of the body as it adjusts itself with the pregnant condition. Besides regular physical exercise and restricted workouts is a great way to aid the body gain back its original shape post delivery.
Not to forget a proper fitness regimen can help the mother control the mood swings apart from improving sleep and reducing fatigue. Even the intense labour pains can be brought down through regular exercising.
What are the Recommendations?
According to fitness experts, there cannot be an ideal fitness program for a pregnant woman. So maintaining or suggesting a definite chart is definitely not possible. Exercises vary according to the relative health and body condition of the individual. The most common ones are strength training, cardio and other flexibility exercises.
The American Pregnancy Association usually recommends that the cardio training should be between fifteen to thirty minutes. This can comprise cardio vascular activities that are low on impact like brisk walking, running, elliptical, biking along with some variants of low impact aerobics. But one needs to remember that each exercise has to be under the supervision of an expert fitness trainer and done after seeking permission from your physician. It is very important to note that under no circumstances the heart rate of a pregnant woman must exceed 140 beats or minute.
Tips on Exercising
Here are Certain Tips on Exercising.
- While doing strength training, the pregnant woman must take care to train her shoulders, arms, and chest and back, as these are the parts that tend to get overlooked.
- Hamstring and backstretches should be done every time before and after workouts.
- Legs and feet often tend to swell during pregnancy. Regular ankle rotations can effectively reduce this swelling.
- Sit-ups and crunches must not be performed regularly. Abdominal exercises must also not be done randomly.
- Any exercise that requires being on all four must not be performed without prior permission and is better stopped during this phase.
- While planning up your exercise regimen, make sure that you have a proper warm-up and cool-down phase. The body must never feel over exerted. Further this actually allows the heart rate and blood pressure of the mother to adjust itself in a controlled fashion and slowly and safely.
- Most importantly check your equipment. Ensure that you are walking or running in a pair of good sneakers. This is very important for maintaining body balance and support.
- Always remain well hydrated while you exercise.
Finally, listen to your body. Pregnancy is a stage where the body is constantly adapting and adjusting to a new condition. And always remember that before any change, the body gives out signals. Listen to it and discuss all your problems and issues with your doctor.
- Never let your body lose essential salts and fluids and lapse into dehydration. It can be fatal for the baby and affect the well being of the mother.