You must have already planned many things for this diwali. Diwali is the grand celebration which starts with Dhanteras and ends with Bhau-beej. Garlands of fresh marigolds, eye-pleasing colours of rangoli, warmth of oil lamps, and sparkling crackers are what make Diwali divine and auspicious. Read on and get some fabulous ideas to make this diwali wonderful for you and rangoli,
Gift ideas for diwali
Celebrations bring joy with them. Everybody loves to receive gifts. Wrap sweet memories and your wishes along with the gifts and send them to your loved ones. Here are five gift ideas for this diwali.
- Send traditional greeting cards through post to your loved ones and not email.
- Gift your kith and kin lamps coloured and decorated by you on the festival of lights.
- Gift a set of special aromatic oil that can be used for the special diwali bath
- How about gifting elegant, colourful, and scented candles to your family and friends
- Gift the little ones gift hampers containing crackers like sparkles, fire pencils, and bombs which they will enjoy bursting.
Rangoli ideas for diwali
Rangoli is ancient Indian folk art. Rangoli designs are made on important occasions and celebrations. Here are five striking rangoli ideas for this diwali.
- Make a visit to a rangoli exhibition if you can and get inspired for creating some innovative designs.
- Instead of copying rangoli design from a book, come up with your own rangoli design. You can boast about your creativity a little after receiving loads of compliments.
- Chuck the dots and try a free hand rangoli design this diwali. You may draw eye pleasing scenery or a sketch of your favorite actor. Let your imagination flow.
- Fill the surroundings with the fragrance of fresh flowers. Try making rangoli with flower petals during this diwali.
- Take part in the local or an online rangoli competition. No matter whether you are an expert or amateur in this folk art, just take part and have fun. You can even have a rangoli competition at your place and see how much fun it will be with all the guests participating.
Shopping ideas for diwali
Diwali shopping is an important aspect of this special Hindu festival of lights. All shopping places are flooded with shopping enthusiasts before diwali. Here are five ideas for some smart diwali shopping.
- Firstly, decide how much you can spend on shopping during diwali. Decide your budget in advance to avoid over expenses.
- Avoid shopping on the eleventh hour. Plan and get done with your diwali shopping at least one or two weeks before the festival starts.
- Try out your new clothes before the actual celebration starts to see if they are comfortable and well-fitted.
- Make a shopping list and include everything in it from clothes to crackers. You will not miss out anything while shopping.
- Make a list of all the special offers and discounts that are available during the diwali season and pick the best ones.
Decoration ideas for diwali
People make their dwelling free of dust before diwali. Many people give fresh coats of paint to the walls. You can make your diwali even special by these five amazing decoration ideas.
- Buy some fresh flowers from the market and fill each and every corner of your house with roses, sunflowers, and daisies.
- Buy ready made plain lamps and awake the artist within you.
Paint these lamps in vibrant colours and textures and let your home get
- Make a kandil (lantern) at home instead of buying one. Be as creative as you can. Come up with exciting unusual shapes.
- Place bowls of floating flowers in the corners of your house.
You can sprinkle some glitter over it. A single candle in the centre
would make it look beautiful.
- Illuminate your home with some perfumed candles and create a special festive aura. Let the goddess Laxmi bestow her blessings upon you.
Five special things to do on this diwali
Diwali is for worshipping goddess Laxmi on the day of Laxmi pujan. Beyond the pious pujan Charity is one great way to please the gods. Donate whatever you have and in return get blessings from people you helped. Here are five good deeds you can do on this diwali.
- Distribute crackers among poor children. You will feel contented to see the smiles on their faces.
- Give away your old clothes to needy people, they will bless you.
- Visit an orphanage and distribute sweets among orphans.
- Make a vow to be nice to everyone as diwali symbolises the victory of good over evil.
- Buy something for yourself if you have been longing for it for quiet some time.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team