You are preparing your child for admission in school. She recognizes the letters, but you do not understand how to teach her to write. Read on to learn how to teach and encourage pre-schoolers to write.
Experts are of the opinion that proper development of a child starts right from the time she starts responding to her surroundings. It is the duty of parents to guide her and encourage her to develop and grow properly. Just like many other things, you also need your preschooler
to take interest in learning how to write so that she finds things easy at school.
Kids get excited when they know they are going to learn new things. If you ask them to write they will start off enthusiastically, but as soon as they need to write things repeatedly, they get irritated. It is quite natural. This is the time when you have to play your role as a parent and encourage your child to learn
how to write and practice.
Tips to Teach Preschoolers to Write
Teaching your child to write does not mean you make your child hold a pencil and hand over a paper to write. Your child needs to practice a lot so that she learns, recognizes and writes letters properly.
Prepare Your Child (Physically and Mentally)
Help your child develop stronger hand muscles. The best way is to provide your child lot of drawing stuff to draw and colour
. Let her play with dough and play scissors to help hand muscles get strengthen.
Boost your Child to Have a Good Grip
Let your child hold crayons or a small pencil and then write or draw. Make sure your child holds the pencil properly. Teach her to do so.
Pay Attention to the Posture of Your Child
When you are teaching your child to write, you should pay attention to the posture of your child because she will find it difficult to hold the paper and the pencil properly at a time. Make use of table chair set specifically designed for children of that age.
Allow Her to Scribble
It is good to allow your toddler to scribble especially if she likes to hold a pen and scribble on paper. This will help build her hand muscles as well as teach her to hold the pen or pencil properly much before you need to teach her.
How to Teach Your Child to Write
- Write down the alphabets slowly and make your child watch. Explain her that this is the way to write.
- Make dotted lines and let your child join them to form alphabet .
- Write the letter in enlarged form and let your child rewrite it.
- You can also make use of her finger to teach how to write a specific letter.
- Now let your child write on her own.
- Do not expect perfection immediately. She has to practice a lot to get perfect.
- Praise and encourage your child on her effort. Do not wrong praise her as this will send a wrong message.
- Let your child recognize letter correctly. This will help her while writing them.
- Start with their name and let them know the letter used in writing their names.
- Use sand tray to help your child write.
If your child does not show interest in writing, you should introduce unique writing tools like coloured pencils, markers with different fragrances, pencils with specific cartoon characters and so on, to encourage her to start writing. Remember that most part of the early learning should be based on fun and play.What are the ways to teach preschoolers to write? How to encourage preschoolers to write? Which techniques can help to develop good writing skills in children? Discuss here.