GPRS keeps you connected to internet and help you overcome communication barriers. Use it wherever you go and whenever you want.
A few years back mobile was an accessory only for the rich and well-to-do, like businessmen, industrialists, actors etc. Today you can see almost any one around you carrying a mobile phone. Even school going children have a mobile phone. The presence of cell phones have become so significant in our lives that being even one day without a cell phone can make our existence feel incomplete.
The Evolution of the Mobile Phone
Mobile phones have evolved with time. They are not limited to only receiving and making phone calls and exchanging messages. But now there is a lot of variation in its use. A good mobile handset is equipped with radio, mp3 player, camera, MMS facility and GPRS (General Packet Radio Service). A GPRS enabled handset can allow you to transfer data from any where in the world. Sounds exciting? Read on to know more on GPRS.
How to activate GPRS on your Mobile
You already have a GPRS enabled mobile phone device but have not activated it yet. Consult with your service provider and follow a few simple instructions to make use of this helpful feature. Here's a basic list on how to activate GPRS on your mobile phone.
- Get a mobile handset which will facilitate GPRS use.
- Visit the website of the sim-card you desire to use. You can choose a plan according to your convenience and your GPRS server.
- Go to the settings of your mobile phone, and then go to network or connectivity which will enable to activate GPRS.
- Fill name of the service when your mobile phone will ask you to. Fill other details like APN, user name and password. You can even follow the SMS instructions given on the same to obtain all such details.
- Take help from the customer care service of your service provider, if you are facing a problem while enabling use of your GPRS locator or any other help.
- Select a tariff plan depending upon your usage and the rate of downloads.
Mobile Handsets for GPRS
You are ready to use GPRS but are confused about which handset to buy, then relax. The market has a number of cell phones that are excellent for using GPRS and also within your budget. Go to a trustworthy mobile phone dealer or simply walk into a brand outlet to ensure you get the best mobile phone.
- Buy a mobile phone specifically for the GPRS. See to it that it has a big screen.
- Buy one of the three new mobile phone models 6600 fold, the 6600 slide and the 3600 introduced by Nokia and newer ones depending upon your budget.
- Go for RIM's Blackberry Bold 9000 Model which will enable you to use a screen of 480x320 which is twice the screen resolution.
- Try out Sony Ericsson's Cyber Shot K790i that provides ample convenience in using GPRS.
- Buy Motorola Razr2 V9 (AT&T) if you want something new and snazzy.
- Get faster downloads with Samsung Instinct EV-DO Rev.
- Buy a Nokia 6101, if you want something handy quickly.
Advantages of using GPRS
The advantages of GPRS are as wide as your imagination takes you. Once activated the connectivity provides you 24X7 presence 365 days. The world is in your plams, just a click away.
- Enables you to use internet any where you want
- Connect it to your laptop or desktop
- Stay connected even in remote areas.
- Download your favourite games or ringtones on your cell phone and visit your favourite web sites.
- Enables you to use all the internet applications
- Offers you several new applications which were not available on GSM network
- Ensures you better speed than GSM network
- Enjoy a continuous wireless internet connection
- Receive and send information as per your requirement.
- Offers you flexibility as much as an internet on your PC
If you have to always stay connected, activate GPRS on your handset. Wherever you go take along whatever you need. You can carry your office and work conveniently by using GPRS. Once again the cell phone is evolving and emerging as the most important communication and connectivity tool. Activate GPRS today and keep in touch always.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team