Tips for parents to teach their children the right values in life and to make them a responsible person.
TO : PARENTS
FROM : A CHILD
1) Don't spoil me, I know quite well that I ought not
to have all I ask for - I'm only testing you.
2) Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it, it
makes me feel secure.
3) Don't let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you
to detect them in the early stages.
4) Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes
me behave stupidly 'big'.
5) Don't correct me in front of people if you can help
it. I'll take much more notice if you talk privately
to me later.
6) Don't make me feel that my mistakes are sins. It
upsets my sense of values.
7) Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn
the painful way sometimes.
8) Don't be too upset when I say "I hate you". I never
9) Don't take too much notice to my small ailments.
Somtimes they get me the attention I need.
10) Don't nag me. If you do, I shall have to protect
myself by appearing deaf.
11) Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well
as I should like. That is why I am not always
12) Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do
so, you will find that I will stop asking and seek my
13) Don't be inconsistent. That completely confuses me
and makes me lose faith in you.
14) Don't tell me fears are silly. They are terribly
real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to
15) Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or
infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.
16) Don't ever think that it is below your dignity to
apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.
17) Don't forget I love experimenting. I couldn't get
along without it, so please put up with it.
18) Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must
be very difficult for you to keep pace with me, but
please do try.
19) Don't forget that I don't thrive without lots of
love and understanding, but I don't need to tell you,
20) Please keep yourselves fit and healthy. I NEED