In some unavoidable circumstances woman has to consider abortion. In such situations she has to also face dilemma if she should go for abortion or not. The question “Should I go for abortion?” kills her every second. Read on to if you are facing a dilemma.
There are some countries that have legalized abortion while some still think it unethical and inhuman. In simple words abortion can be explained as termination of pregnancy that is done by choice. It is very difficult to explain whether abortion is the right that should be given to every woman or not. This is because abortion done due to health concern or to terminate pregnancy due to rape or so is very less.
There are many social and personal reasons that overpower the decision for whether or not the woman should go for abortion or not.
The Facts that Overshadow the Decision are
- The percentage of women that opt for abortion below 25 years is more than other women
- Abortion is carried more on unmarried women than married ones
- Most of the abortion cases result in post abortion trauma
Reasons against Abortion
- The most important thing that is under consideration is that can there be any reason so overpowering that forces a woman to kill the unborn so mercilessly?
- Most of the unwanted pregnancies can result in a wanted one later if that results in childbirth
- Shouldn’t the baby be given an option to live?
- Is it right for people to take abortion as an option for last moment contraceptive?
- Frequent abortions may lead to miscarriages, infections and rarely death as well
- Women most often result in psychological impairment and go into depression after going through abortion
Good Reasons behind Opting Abortion
- It gives the leverage to women whether they should opt for abortion or not. They have been taking this decision from a long time.
- It is the woman who has to undergo the complete pregnancy period and she has to go through labour as well. It needs lot of effort not only to give birth to the child, to bring her up and care for her well being and future. If her family and partner do not help the woman, it becomes difficult to cope with all the pressure.
- There is nothing called pro-life because life will start only when it comes on earth. So the religious or ethical issues are baseless.
- If abortions were restricted or prohibited it would result in many illegal and unsafe abortions that are dangerous not only for the child but also for the woman undergoing that.
It is very difficult to suggest whether one should go for abortion or not. There are many personal and social problems that force women to undergo this type of termination of pregnancy. However, if the reason is concerned with the health of the woman or there is some kind of infection that cannot be rectified, abortion is the right option. Different people have different opinion in this regard also. But, to give birth to a physically or mentally impaired child, it is better to terminate pregnancy.
There are parameters set by the laws of the society that everyone living in it has to follow. If any girl conceives as a result of forced or casual sex, she has to undergo abortion. The main reason is that if she gives birth to the child, she along with the child will have to face problems in future. The child has to suffer more than the woman and it becomes a sort of mental torture for him. So, it is completely the choice of the woman whether she wants to undergo abortion or wants to get along with full term pregnancy.