Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation has been in practice since years. However, it is only recently that people are getting aware of these facts and benefits of different yoga asanas. Although there is overall health benefit experienced by those who perform yoga regularly, there are specific advantages of precise yoga asanas too that people need to know and understand before starting them.
The best thing about Surya Namaskar is that it has only advantages and no side effects. There are 12 postures involved and each posture gives the suppleness of the body and strengthens not only the muscles of the body, but mind also. It increases your concentration power and improves your breathing for sure. Apart from all this, practicing Surya Namaskar can be an interesting way to start your day.
The Advantages of Surya Namaskar
The Surya Namaskar is an ideal warm up exercise that prepares the entire body. It strengthens and prepares the muscles and joints of the body and the benefits are seen only when it is done on regular basis. Have a quick look at the benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Improves breathing.
- Boosts confidence.
- Improves nervous system as well as the nerve points.
- The movements tone body organs and limbs.
- Improves digestive system – You can ensures that your digestive system is on the right track with the backward and forward movements taking place during Surya Namaskar practice.
- Wrist joints get strengthened – The postures right from 3 – 10 are supported on wrists and the entire body weight falls on them. This helps reinforce them and make them stronger.
- Promotes blood circulation – Since circulation of blood is increased, the entire cardiovascular system works properly and gets maintained properly.
Healing Properties of Surya Namaskar
- Harmonises the endocrine system – The thyroid and pituitary glands starts functioning properly, the other organs of your body will automatically start functioning in a better way.
- Corrects the disorders and deviations of spinal curve.
- Pains and aches in the spine area are relieved and flexibility is experienced.
- The entire spine gets stretched.
- Health ailments like sciatica, backache, blood pressure, diabetes and some more can be cured with regular practice of Surya Namaskar.
- It helps reduce the flabbiness in the abdominal area.
- Manages stress and alleviates depression – Regular practice of Surya Namaskar helps get rid of depression and it also helps to manage stress easily.
- Helps eliminate insomnia – If you are suffering from sleeplessness, Surya Namaskar can help you get rid of that.
In addition to body exercise, Surya Namaskar also helps the person get stress free. This is done because of the right kind of breathing that helps get fresh flow of oxygen in body and brain. The finest thing about Surya Namaskar is that it can be practiced many times during the day giving you different types of benefits. It can be said that Surya Namaskar is a package of yoga asanas giving you key health benefits. Along with physical health, it helps in getting emotional and mental health benefits also.
Surya Namaskar can be said to be a complete exercise, yet it is considered as warm up exercise because it prepares the body for more strenuous workout session. You can also perform Surya Namaskar at the end of the exercise regime as it helps in relaxing and to wind down. The exercises included in Surya Namaskar make you so flexible and versatile that it is considered ideal for individuals of all levels of fitness.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team