Home remedies can work wonders for treating health disorders. At the same time home remedies may not have side-effects as most of them include usage of natural ingredients. Home remedies can treat any kind of health disorder. Home remedies prove very helpful to treat disorders associated with menstrual cycle of woman. Read on to know more about the home remedies for coping with menstrual pain.
Tips to help you get rid of problems
Menstrual pain is quite normal symptom during menstruation because the uterus contracts in rhythm so that the blood and different menstrual tissues are excreted out. There are some precautions and tips that can help you reduce the pain and problems that you face during this time.
- It is good to avoid fried, sour and protein rich foods in the last week of the menstrual cycle.
- Eat fish as it contains omega-3 fatty acids, which helps in easing contractions during menstruation
- Avoid eating dairy products, meat and poultry
- Maintain healthy and nutritious diet and perform yoga to help you stay away from problems
- If you are suffering from anemia, you should take food rich in iron
vegetables like potato, eggplant, yellow pumpkin and try to concentrate on
consuming drumsticks, papaya, white pumpkin, snake guard, cucumber and
Have a quick look at some home remedies for coping with menstrual pain.
- Women suffering from painful or low menstrual flow can take half cup of parsley juice mixed with carrot or any other vegetable juice. This reduces pain and helps make the blood flow proper and normal.
- If you are anemic you must be experiencing lot of problems during menstruation. Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds with water and bring it to boil. Let it stand for sometime and strain it. Drinking this mixture twice daily will help you a lot.
- You can also take simply sesame seeds in water and drink it twice during menstruation
- Papaya is very helpful and treats lot of menstrual problems. Raw papaya helps women suffering from severe pain or less bleeding problem.
- Banana is very good fruit during menstruation and those who have excess pain in back and stomach can take banana leaf that should be cooked in little oil and consume it mixed with curd.
- You can take coriander seeds in water and the ratios should be 15 – 20 seeds in one glass of boiling water. Continue boiling it till the water gets reduced to half. Let the mixture stand for sometime and then drink it. The mixture is bitter in taste and if you want you can add a little bit of sugar when drinking. This home remedy will relive you even from severe pain and also help reduce excess blood flow during this time.
- Lemon grass is also said to be beneficial during this time.
When you experience pain, you can help reduce the pain by giving the area hot treatment. You can make use of wet warm towel, hot baths, hot water bottle, or warm a cloth and keep it on the place where you are experiencing cramps or pain. If the pain is unbearable you can take painkillers as well.
Drinking plenty of water and herbal tea also helps reduce pain and problems faced during menstrual periods.
You can also perform yoga and some cardiovascular exercises that will help you get rid of these cramps.
Last but not the least; take as much rest as possible. This will help you keep your menstruation under control.If you keep in mind these things, you will certainly help reduce your menstrual problems and control your blood flow as well. There are some natural and herbal remedies also for menstruation problems but you should take it only after your doctor’s advice.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team