• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Schoolgoers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Schoolgoers >  Problems in School >Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spira
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Problems in School: Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spiral
Name: Annapurna Tyagi
Date: 2010-09-09
Before you blindly apply and accept admission at Shriram, be sure to evaluate the infrastructure at the school and make peace with it. Parents from the school have been complaining of numerous issues with safety, security and infrastructure at the school ranging from nursery kids left unattended to dangerous and unsafe buses to children fainting because of even fans not working in the sweltering Gurgaon heat. The latest laxity is a child molestation case on their campus
Many parents might have missed the blurb about the molestation case. It was a small blurb in Indian Express. What was disconcerting was not just the incident itself but the reaction from the school authorities. They blamed the parents for sensationalizing the incident and being aggressive in asking for answers. They refused to take any responsibility or share any plans to avoid this happening again all this while shooting down any constructive suggestions from the parents for improving safety on campus. In fact, this has prompted some parents to pull their children out from the school.

Name: Kapil
Subject:  TSRS
Date: 2010-09-10
I believe saying molestation is putting it mildly. I understand the poor child was raped. TSRS has a unique response to problems - they just ask the parents to handle the problem. Need people to manage traffic at rush hour, call the parents, need supervision on school bus, call on parents. They are unwilling to accept any responsibility.
What is worse is their disaster management - the initial response is not our problem. Then they come up with a well defined and sound set of procedure which will be followed going ahead. The school responds under pressure to problems, but it does not do the right things to prevent problems in the first instance.
Look at the school bus by the look of it they are poorly maintained. Several of the drivers look dis-reputable. There are no safety grills on the windows. No teachers on board. Drivers frequently speed along their merry way sailing through red lights as they please. But of course TSRS will see no problem until there is a crisis. Will it take a child being crushed to death to make the school to take simple steps for safety. Much can be done even if they cannot afford school owned buses (which I am sure they can since their fees are amongst the highest going) - the school could play an active role in selection of drivers, ensure all drivers are neat, clean and uniformed, ensure drivers frequently attend defensive driving classes, ensure all buses are safe by inspecting doors and making sure windows have grills, ensure an educated adult, preferably a teacher is on board the bus with children. Simple things really but will they do it? Probably not, this school is past its hey day they are now no better than any other school with class sizes rapidly rising, too many sections causing too many kids for the facilities available. Under paid and over worked teachers don' t help either. They really have nothing more than a reputation to offer - and that they are fast destroying by waiting for disasters to respond to instead of taking preventative measures to stop disasters occuring.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Aniket
Subject:  Shriram School Gurgaon
Date: 2010-09-13
I agree with you. There are so many horror stories from parents of children studying in the school and if this is not a wake up call for the school what is. parents are taking a huge risk with their eyes wide open by sending their kids to a school where anything can happen to them in school toilets, in buses or even in the school yard.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spiral

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
school change
My son is 7yrs.old and studying in 2nd standard.he is a brilliant student.always stood first in his class.he is an active boy. actually the problem is that we are shifting from one place to another thats why i wanted to change his school. can u pls advise me whether it will psychologically effect on my son and his study.
pls advice me... - Darshna Srivastava [View Message]
Talk with his teacher
\" Hi Ashish!
Try to discuss about your son’s issue with his teacher or principal. If they don’t lend their ears, then you may assume that the problem is with the school and not with the kid. Try to change your kid’s school. Also, speak with the new teachers about your son’s behavior in prior. Definitely, a good teacher would help you in this aspect! Hope for... - varsha tyagi [View Message]
Good School ideas aroung Marathahalli
Try Orchids International. It is one of the best schools in Bangalore. My kid is studying there for past three years and we found good progression in his studies as well as other activities. They follow CBSE and ICSE syllabus. The school' s environment is also quite good.
... - Ravina Singh [View Message]
Schools in Electronic City
I would suggest Orchids International. It is one of the best schools in Bangalore. My child is studying fourth grade there and we find her doing good in academics and other activities. There are five branches in Bangalore and they follow both CBSE and ICSE syllabus.
... - Gaurang Mishra [View Message]
Problem in going to school
Even I faced the same problem when my kid started going to Orchids International School. She was very happy for the first week but started crying from the second week. But, her teachers were very kind and a good support to her which made her to like school very much. They used to pay special attention to her as she used to cry her heart out and things got better within 2 m... - Ravina Singh [View Message]
About 2nd language
First of all make sure whether your son is ready to take French as his second language. As, compelling them would make them to hate that particular subject. My kid’s school Orchids International always finds the interests of kids and makes them work on their favourite areas. And this is what needed for a child’s growth.
... - Stutee Saini [View Message]
Reviews
Need feed back Amity International School Sector 43, Gurgaon.... - shilpi mathur [View Message]

Girls Fighting For a Doll Video