• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Schoolgoers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Schoolgoers >  Problems in School >Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spira
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Problems in School: Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spiral
Name: Annapurna Tyagi
Date: 2010-09-09
Before you blindly apply and accept admission at Shriram, be sure to evaluate the infrastructure at the school and make peace with it. Parents from the school have been complaining of numerous issues with safety, security and infrastructure at the school ranging from nursery kids left unattended to dangerous and unsafe buses to children fainting because of even fans not working in the sweltering Gurgaon heat. The latest laxity is a child molestation case on their campus
Many parents might have missed the blurb about the molestation case. It was a small blurb in Indian Express. What was disconcerting was not just the incident itself but the reaction from the school authorities. They blamed the parents for sensationalizing the incident and being aggressive in asking for answers. They refused to take any responsibility or share any plans to avoid this happening again all this while shooting down any constructive suggestions from the parents for improving safety on campus. In fact, this has prompted some parents to pull their children out from the school.

Name: Kapil
Subject:  TSRS
Date: 2010-09-10
I believe saying molestation is putting it mildly. I understand the poor child was raped. TSRS has a unique response to problems - they just ask the parents to handle the problem. Need people to manage traffic at rush hour, call the parents, need supervision on school bus, call on parents. They are unwilling to accept any responsibility.
What is worse is their disaster management - the initial response is not our problem. Then they come up with a well defined and sound set of procedure which will be followed going ahead. The school responds under pressure to problems, but it does not do the right things to prevent problems in the first instance.
Look at the school bus by the look of it they are poorly maintained. Several of the drivers look dis-reputable. There are no safety grills on the windows. No teachers on board. Drivers frequently speed along their merry way sailing through red lights as they please. But of course TSRS will see no problem until there is a crisis. Will it take a child being crushed to death to make the school to take simple steps for safety. Much can be done even if they cannot afford school owned buses (which I am sure they can since their fees are amongst the highest going) - the school could play an active role in selection of drivers, ensure all drivers are neat, clean and uniformed, ensure drivers frequently attend defensive driving classes, ensure all buses are safe by inspecting doors and making sure windows have grills, ensure an educated adult, preferably a teacher is on board the bus with children. Simple things really but will they do it? Probably not, this school is past its hey day they are now no better than any other school with class sizes rapidly rising, too many sections causing too many kids for the facilities available. Under paid and over worked teachers don' t help either. They really have nothing more than a reputation to offer - and that they are fast destroying by waiting for disasters to respond to instead of taking preventative measures to stop disasters occuring.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Aniket
Subject:  Shriram School Gurgaon
Date: 2010-09-13
I agree with you. There are so many horror stories from parents of children studying in the school and if this is not a wake up call for the school what is. parents are taking a huge risk with their eyes wide open by sending their kids to a school where anything can happen to them in school toilets, in buses or even in the school yard.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Shriram School Gurgaon in downward spiral

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
KIDS CAMPUS INTERNATIONAL PRESCHOOL, KHARGHAR
This is one of the best preschools I have come acriss in recent times. It is centrally located in Kharghar Sector 12. It is very spacious with ample sunlight and fresh air for our kids. A very big and safe playzone for kids to play eveyday....a warm and trained staff as well. Supeb curriculum.So my kid is thoroughly enjoying his preschooling there.... - BM [View Message]
Nice Experience with Presidium
Hi dear

My son goes to Presidium Indirapuram too. He is in Vth grade and we haven' t had a single problem yet. Neither academics wise nor anything else. The faculty is really good and he' s really improved in his studies from before. The students even get a chance to perform or anchor on stage at the Annual Function. I guess you should stick to this school onl... - Sonam Patak [View Message]
Take Best Solution
One of my friend' s did. It is important to have the presence of both the parents in a child' s life. You could shift base to Bangalore which might be a little hard for your kid initially. But, children make friends quickly and adapt well. If you plan on moving here, I would suggest Orchid' s International School. My kid is studying there and I am a happy parent. If your h... - Riya Sharma [View Message]
Good Math Practice
I use simple things like charts cut in different shapes, papers with colourful texts and numbers, balls, even small pebbles at times. I shuffle them and make him to identify the correct number with correct shape, count the pebbles and so on.Also, you better not introduce your kid to computerised teaching aids very early as this might cause trouble - they get addicted to us... - Stutee Saini [View Message]
Discuss with ChildĀ“ s Teacher
Just make sure that you child mingles with other kids in school. My friend recently moved from another city and her child too was acting strangely after the relocation. Talk to your childĀ“ s teachers and discuss the problem. You could also discuss this with other parents at his school. I discuss my childĀ“ s behavioral problems with her teacher and at the interaction sess... - vishesh shrivstava [View Message]
About Mother´ s Pride and Good Shepard school GGN
Hello All,

I am a mother of 2.9 yrs old son and we are planning to put him in a school which has a day care and thought that commutation risk for him will be reduced.so initally we have enquired about good shepherd and after paying half amount of admission fee..got to know that in day care they are not allowing egg to give or to bring from home and the only th... - Concerned Mother of 2.9 yrs Kid [View Message]
Maths Practice at home!!!
How does your kids get maths practice at home? DO you use any website or any technology product?... - Shatru Naik [View Message]

Song Dedicated to Depressed People Video
Expecting Parents
Join a Due Date Club

Parents of Babies
Join a Baby Club