You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Schoolgoers >  Problems in School >Problems in School
Parents of Schoolgoers  Discussion Forum

Problems in School:Problems in School
2007-05-05
Name: Editor Are your children afraid of school? Do they have problems with their teachers? Are you considering sending your children to a boarding? Discuss this, and lots more.
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2012-06-28
Name: Mrs. Deshpande
Subject:  Lack of Friends
My 8 year old son is facing a problem. All his classmates (3rd Std) play ' Fights between gangs' in the recess. There are groups which fight each other and 99% of the boys in the class are in one of the many groups. My son however does not want to be involved in this type of games and hence is not part of any ' team/group' . His problem now being that he has to sit alone during recess. Also, the discussion topics center around the fights during school hours. So I think that his interaction with other boys in the class has reduced. He does have girls as friends, but at this age the interests are different. Hence he does not enjoy sitting with them during recess. I have listened to his side and support him in his dilemma. But would like to hear from other parents. What should I do? What kind of (violence)likes or preferrences are we seeing in our children in general?
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2011-07-11
Name: vidi
Subject:  problem in going to school
i have a 4 yr old daughter. she is quite stubborn and now i m facing problems in sending her to school.she is very much attached to me and really don' t wanna go to school giving reason that she always miss me. i have tried every possible way to make her comfortable in school but my hard luck.its been 2 months and still she has not adjusted yet in the school.ill also like to put lights on the fact that we have always been strict parents.Please suggest something that cud help me as my frustration level has gone very high.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2011-06-07
Name: NS
Subject:  Nervous going to school
Hi,
We recently shifted to bangalore, which is culturally different from my home state.My son is in std I and he cries and vomits everyday before going to school.He doesn' t want to go to school.I really don' t know how to handle this.Should I speak to his teacher or something?

2010-07-26
Name: Anu
Subject:  Problem with my baby girl
Hi All,

I have a 4 years old daughter. She is very intelligent and active. Now a days we are observing a sudden change in her behaviour. She is not listening to her teachers. Not doing anything in the class. At home also she is does' nt obey any instruction. She starts crying for small thing.Please help

2009-10-14
Name: Nitin
Subject:  Podar school-Chinchwad creating problems
My son is 13 yrs old and scores good if guided properly. He got good history of marks as of now. We recently relocated to Pune and son is in Podar International school. For work sheets given by school, son scored approx. 97% however for quarter exam his score was 48%.

I requested to principal and teachers to give me copies (Xerox) of answer sheet, however school refused saying “we cannot give Xerox or original”.

(School shown mark sheet and answer sheet only in school room for one hour or so, but is it not sufficient for any one to understand all mistakes).

Can any one suggest me what is right procedure to get Xerox of Answer sheet of my son? I am unable to understand, what harm can I do by providing Answer sheets? Can I use ROI? (Right of Information Act)

Thanks,
Nitin

2009-10-24
Name: priya
Subject:  problem
hello nitin. My son faced the same problem but i shifted his school. Chinchwad branch is not good. New schools like Dennis Public School CBSE , Global is very good in Pimpri Chinchwad area.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-10-24
Name: prashant
Subject:  problems with school
i also had admitted my child in the same school. he lost all his intellengence after coming . we were all friends and now we have all removed our kids from this school. they only run on name . but acrually chichwad branch is worst of all. principal is a unny charcter. Teachere were unable to speak in English during PTA. please you dont do a mistake to fight for ur problem.

2009-10-14
Name: Nitin
Subject:  Correction
*Right To Information Act (RTI)

2008-08-31
Name: Rashmi
Subject:  my son becomes dull at school
My son is 3 1/2yrs. old he is quite intelligent and active at home.Even he is very naughty.Earlier he used to go to Kidzee at Patna and took lots of interest in going to school.But 6 months ago we were transferred to Cuttack,Orissa and we all had to adjust with a different culture and language.Also Cuttack is a town with non-cosmopolitan temperament.Here my son was admitted in traditional type of school in pre-nursery,though,the teachers are very caring but all the boys&girls there speak a language which beyond the knowledge of my son and he becomes quite dull at school and cries almost everyday before going to the school.Sending school is a must but how should I manage my child so that he may stay happy at school?Pls.advise.

2008-08-14
Name: worried
Subject:  my son beats other kids
Hi
I am facing a lot of difficulties because of my son' s behaviour in school. he is four year old and has started regular school. he has been going to play school for last two years and we have had no complaints. now we get complains everyday. his teacher says he beats up other kids. i dont know what proves him in school. he is normal at home though he is not a quiet child at home too. he is active but i have noticed he invariably ends up slapping kids with whom he plays. Suggest some thing. I dont want to brand him as bad so try talking to him but seems its not working.

2008-08-19
Name: On the same boat
Subject:  from another worried mom
Hi,
I think we r on the same boat. I´ m also getting complaints from his school that he is very naughty and hits other kids. I´ ve almost tried everything with him and I feel so frustrated at such times. I´ m trying time outs, not taking him to the playarea in the evening,talking to him, some meditation... I recently read one very good book How to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk. It´ s a very good book see if u can get hold of it.
In my case I feel one of the teacher exaggerates everything and she is little crital about my child. I normally prefer talking to the other teacher. Hopefully they will be fine.
Take Care

2007-09-27
Name: Anila
Subject:  Problems with numbers for a 6 yr old
Hi, Need ur inputs on this - I have a friend whose son is 6, and goes to school....He is having lot of problems with numbers...Like What comes before, after,greater number, lesser number..etc...He seems to be having a fear for all things related to maths. His teachers complain about him, and my friend tries hard, but she does not succeed in teaching him...I have a son one year younger, but he is OK with all these things also all his classmates have no problems. Is my friend' s son having some problem which needs intervention? With spellings , Englis., etc he is just fine - No problems, no fear, no complaints. Can somebody help?

2007-09-06
Name: sarvani
Subject:  problems at school
hi,
my son is 4yrs old. he talks a lot and sings filmy songs in between the classes. effecting his studies.tried everything but no effect, help me out hw to deal with him

All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Problems in School

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
& Answers to Topic :
Problems in School

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
& Answers to Topic :
Problems in School

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Podar International School
hello sn,
if you are not able to search on google, then you can personally go to school and visit the school, atleast you will get the idea about school surrounding and teaching staff, also you can take reviews from parents.... - saurabh [View Message]
hello sn,
your kid is in 4 th standard now and the poddar international school is good, its CBSE board school, its good school, you can take admission for your kid in this school, its good decision.... - abhay [View Message]
RE:which board better..cbse..icse
hello rani,
in nerul the poddar international school is very good, which is CBSE board school, the teaching staff is very good, and the facilities provide to kids also good, you can think on that.... - ramesh [View Message]
RE:which board better..cbse..icse
hello rani,
there are many international school available in navi mumbai, you can search on google and try to find out the exact location of schools, which is up to your mark go and inquiry of school.... - ranjana [View Message]
hello sn,
if you want to know about this poddar international school in nerul, so you should search on google, and take the reviews of parents, about this school and teaching staff, this is helpful for you.... - niraj [View Message]
RE:Reviews
Hello dear that is really the best school and you should send your kid as soon as possible as that is the best and you will not find any better school than that, please according to me you should send your kid and should not think twice on the same.... - Anita [View Message]
RE:Reviews
Hello Shilpi according to you should send the kid to that school which you think is the best and not according to the reviews as you will get mixed reviews and you will not be able to decide as which is the best so according to me please select based on your thoughts.... - Anaida [View Message]

Home | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Comments or Suggestions | Indiaparenting News Articles | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | RSS
Copyright (c) 1999 - 2017 India Parenting Pvt. Ltd.