If you are getting married the second time, you need to keep in mind its effects on your child. You need to talk to your child about your second marriage so that your child is aware of it. You need to talk to your child about your second marriage in a right way. You also need to make sure that you consider your child’s age while talking to the child about the second marriage. Read on to know more about it.
If you are planning for second marriage, you must involve your children as well as children of your spouse. There are many factors that have to be taken into account when you are talking to your child about second marriage. The child’s age is the most important factor and you will have to tackle accordingly and very carefully.
Young children who have been with single parent for a long time may take some time to understand and agree to your planning and decision of second marriage. It is good to give them some time and let your partner mix with them in a natural way without imposing anything on them.
Remarriage is a kind of new start for both of you. It is beginning of a new life, forgetting all the good and bad memories of your past. Remarriage can be due to divorce, separation or death of the spouse. If you are able to take your children and children of your spouse into confidence, you will have the life as you want. It will be peaceful and happy.
Tips for strengthening family bonding
- Although this is a very difficult task, it is not impossible though. A little bit of genuine effort from both of you will help a lot. If there are children from only one side it is comparatively easier than if both of you have children from your previous marriage. Another point of consideration is that whether the children live with the parent or not.
- It is better you talk to your children and let your would-be husband talk to his first. Once the children are convinced they can be brought together to interact with each other. Remember the children will not accept each other in the first meeting. It can take lot of time and you will have to put in your effort consistently.
- Usually the first child of your spouse can have problems with your first child. It is quite natural and no one is going to accept that he or she is younger. There can be other problems because children have been brought up in different situations and circumstances. It also depends whether one of the new parents is strict regarding discipline or not.
- You can make some common disciplines that match with any normal family and put stress on having at least one meal a day all together. This will help in strengthening family bonding. It is possible that you may have to wait for your stepchildren. You should show your concern and that should be genuine.
- Try to give some private space to every child along with a bedroom if possible. Do not expect your child to share his toys, clothes, their room and everything. This is not possible all of a sudden. Let the children mix with each other in natural manner.
- There are differences in two biological children also. So take all the things in a natural way. Interactions are quite normal and as they are different from each other, they can have more differences.
- Start new traditions in home. Plan holidays together and let everyone get along together in his or her own way. If some of them are getting intimate with each other, do not come in between.
- By following these tips you will definitely find improvement in the relationship of the children and the entire new family.
Are you a single parent? Are you thinking of getting married the second time for your and your child’s better future? Does your child know about your decision of getting married? To share your experiences, views, and tips, click here.