Mustard oil is excellent for massage during winters. It is beneficial in many ways but still banned for internal consumption in some countries.
Mustard oil is considered to be an oil that has low saturated fat as compared to other cooking oils. This pungent tasting oil is mostly used for cooking in parts of Gujarat, Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Orissa, Haryana and some other parts of India. It basically consists of fatty acid, oleic acid, erucic acid and linoleic acid. It has antioxidant and cholesterol reducing properties. It is also loaded with essential vitamins. Though this oil is nutty tasting it is good for heart and also has many other benefits.
Not only for cooking food but also this oil has importance in North-Indian tradition. It is used for lighting 'diyas' during Diwali. It is also used in the ceremony called 'Mayian'. It is performed one day before the wedding at both bride's and bridegroom's place. Read on to know more about how mustard oil can prove beneficial in daily life.
Benefits of mustard oil
Here is a list of the benefits which mustard oil offers. Go through and find out how it can benefit you.
- Helps to stay away form coronary heart diseases
- It can be used as an antibacterial oil
- Helps to detoxify human body
- Helps to reduce hair fall through improved blood circulation if it is massaged on scalp
- Stimulates digestion, circulation and excretory system
- It can be used as an irritant for stimulating sensation in senseless organs and muscles. Irritants are also useful for driving up muscles.
- Helps preventing fungal growth, thus it can be used as anti-fungal
- Helps in winter for making body warm and generating mild irritating effect through massage on body
- Helps making immune system strong
- Useful for treating cough and cold
- Protects teeth from germs if rubbed on gums and make gums
- Organic mustard oil helps preventing cancer and is also helpful for slowing down the ageing process
- Helps stimulating sweat glands and helps lowering body
- It consist of fatty acids like omega alpha 3 and omega alpha 6 which have beneficial properties (what beneficial properties)
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team