SMART WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT - by Editor
struggles - the Fight Against Fat.
Aching to lose weight and don't know how to startNULL You've come to the right place. Here are 20 tips to help get you through one of life's most oft repeated struggles - the Fight Against Fat.
1. Have you tried to give up sugar and haven't succeededNULL Instead of
forbidding yourself certain foods - just eat less of them. If you must
have sugar in your tea, cut it down from two spoons to one.
2. Ever notice how if you eat when you're ravenous, you tend to overeat? So try eating more regularly, even if it means more frequently. Eat an average of 5 small meals a day, instead of 2 or 3 large ones, where you stuff yourself.
3. Be conscious about what you eat. Keep a food diary and note down everything you eat. You may be shocked at the results.
4. Eat or snack only on the dinner table, not on the couch in front of your television. Once you make a policy out of this, you'll cut down on snacks tremendously. Don't get too comfortable while eating. It's always better to eat on the go. Always sit straight on the chair.
5. Make rules for yourself. If you experience cravings, give yourself ten minutes before you attack the refrigerator. In most cases, the craving would just die down and you'd walk away.
6. Drink a lot of water. This reduces hunger pangs and gives you more energy.
7. When you decide to finally attack your weight problem, you want it gone by the weekend. But realise that that is just not a realistic approach. If you want it off permanently, you've got to take it slow. It may even take up to a year to get to your desired weight - that's fine, because you've got more of a chance of maintaining it.
8. Join an aerobics class. It's more disciplined and it's always better to work out in a group.
9. Stay busy. Don't just sit around wasting time. Chances are your mind will wander to that delicious chocolate cake Partake in activities that are not conducive to eating. Join a singing class, take up oil painting or gardening - cultivate a hobby.
10. If you have to snack, try this. Put your hand in the packet of wafers and take out a fistful. Finish off whatever you get your hands on - and that's it.
11. Don't stack up on fattening yummy foods. It's easiest to control food intake if you just don't have it around. If you feel like chocolate cake, buy a pastry so it doesn't hang out in the refrigerator all week till you polish it off. Similarly, don't keep tubs of ice cream in the freezer. Buy a cup or two and eat it when the mood strikes.
12. When you reach for the refrigerator, stop and question yourself. Are you just bored or are you really hungry? In most of the cases the answer will be the former.
13. Stick little post-it notes on the refrigerator saying, Stop! Or Reach for a glass of water.
14. Buy clothes a size smaller and work towards fitting into them.
15. Don't beat yourself up or lose heart just because you've slipped up a few times. You need to keep a positive outlook and keep encouraging yourself.
16. Visualise how you will look without those extra kilograms.
17. Take up yoga.
18. Find new and different ways to measure how far you've come. Don't just stick to the weighing scale. Scout around in your cupboard and try on old clothes that are big for you excellent motivation.
19. Find a partner to work out with or to support you. Enlist the help of a friend and go for activities that don't involve snacking. Take up tennis, go cycling don't just meet friends over lunch or dinner.
20. Get motivated. No one is going to lose your weight for you. You're going to have to do it all by yourself, and if the motivation doesn't come from within you, no amount of friends and family pushing you to lose weight is going to help.
Comments: i want to know my weight is correct or not .I am 35 years old having 2 child. My height is 1.6m and my weight is 69kg
Comments: I am aged 28 having two kids. My height is 168cm. Now i weigh 74kg. I am breastfeeeding my second baby who is 8months old. I didnt get my periods yet. Is it overweightNULL After 1st delivery weight was 75 but later when the baby turned 8-9 months weight went down to 67. That time i got my periods at the 8th month. Is losing weight related to periodsNULL
Comments: I am aged 28 having one kid .My height is 5 feets. My weight 55kg . is it ok my weightNULL
Comments: my problem is i want to loose weight badly but as of now i am feeding my baby and people says i should go on diet or excercise to reduce my weight otherwise i workhard at home.. what should i do abt this please help...
City: Johannesburg, South Africa
Comments: Hi All I don't think we can ever have the perfect weight and keep it up - its human nature. All the advice given above is very motivating and realistic. I think if we tell ourselves that we can lose weight, we can but we have to persevere and take it one day at a time. I've started my own program, I've marked my weight on my calendar and everyday I try a bit harder - each time I've cheated - I don't mark the calendar, in this way, I can keep track of my progress. Good luck to you all !
City: Arizona, America
Comments: Hi.. i am 22 years old and i weigh 148 pounds and i m 5'4''.. do i have normal weight for my height? i drink lots of water and the resultant is just visiting the rest room very often but no loss in weight.. but i m confident that i would come up with my goal..
Comments: Hi, i am 24 years old and ihave a baby who is 7 months old.at present iam weighing 63kgs and i am 5ft 6inchs tall.i am interested to lose weight and i want to know a diet chart that will help me to reduce.i am a housewife and i want to know few exersises that will help me to reduce and at the same time please let me know the actual weight that i should have according to my height.
Comments: how long does ones body take to loose weight,its been one month that i have join aerobic classes,for how long should i cont to get the desired results . i am 17 yrs old and weigh 53.5 kgs
City: California, U.S.A.
Comments: hi, i am 16 years old; 5ft and 2inches and weight 120 pounds. is this a right weight for me. but still i want it to lose weight. well it be healthy for me.
City: hamilton, canada
Comments: hi am 16 year old, 5.7 and 124 weight, do u think tht i gotta lose some weight coz i wana to be a model:) and my skin is really dry :s give me an advice plzzzz thanc
Name: V. Mascarenhas
Comments: hi i am 28 years old, 5.2 and weight 63, please suggest what is the correct weight for my height. i drink a lot of water as a result have to visit the rest room frequently. please suggest
Comments: Hey guys, it is really good to drink water, yes, visiting restrooms every few hrs is a pain, but it does remove the unncessary fat/water stored in ur hips/thighs. Reducing WILL take sometime, but be happy- u are controlling your woeight...Believe me - WATER DOes wonders!
Comments: Follow some good diet plan like haveing tea with half spoon sugar, some soups, roti/rice at around 2pm and go for early dinner, remmebr to drink water inbetween.
Name: sanjay gupta
Comments: I want to loose my weight. Now I am 34 years old. My height is 5.5". I drink lot of water daily.
Name: Lakshmi Natarajan
City: Abu Dhabi
Comments: The article is good, advising us not to eat and suggesting us all the above points(Do's and the Don'ts). But here even if people are not eating all that like elderly people do not eat cakes, and they do not eat chips but they tend to put on or be in shape. you emphasise on how to stay fit should we continue with regular food habits, why should one go to aerobic imagine if the person does not have time.
Comments: Hi I am 28 years old and I have one daugher (21 months). My Height is 5.41/2 , and my weight is 135 pounds , is this normal......NULL
Name: Ashwani Kumar
City: Delhi, India
Comments: I am 34 year young man, 5"6" but my weight is around 75kg. I would like to reduce it. What I should do. I take light food a and lot of water daily. Pl suggest. I shall be very thankful.
City: United Arab Emirates
Comments: I am 30, weight 75kgs and my height is 5ft. I am desperately trying to loose weight, pls help!!! with a diet plan, thanks a million.
Comments: iam 28 yrs and my weight is 72 and iam 5 feet 4 inches height,how many lbs do i need to loose,iam a working with 9 months son.
Comments: I am 27 yrs and have a baby of 7 1/2 months old. I weigh around 78kg. I am 4ft 11inch. Wonder whether it is fine to weigh so much.
DISCUSSION FORUMS ON
My name is Olivia and I'm new to this group ... - Olivia Benjamin read >>
Hi all we provide Hair Fall solutions. you can contact us. servicelevels21 - at - g - mail
Its cost also reasonable and we will keep guiding you. You will start getting results of our medicines (Ayurvedic only)within a month. ... - Ayurvedic Solutions read >>
RE:RE:Painful licecombing scheduled
Hi. Just remembered u today after wearing gajras ... - Mnt read >>
RE:Painful licecombing scheduled
No post since long time.
Just remembered u after wearing gajras today. ... - Mnt read >>
20 is not too old and neither is it too young. A scarf can look good. So go ahead with the mottai is what i recommend. In a year things will be back to normal and it will be a thrilling experience. I gave company to my younger brother when i was ... - Tanisha read >>
Hi I'm Priya I'm 20 years and in 2nd year degree. My dad suddenly told me 3 days ago that we are going to tirupati for darshanam next week. And he told he is going to do mottai. Today he told me the truth that even i have to do mottai. I said i ... - Priya Chidanandam read >>
RE:Headshaving at beauty saloon
Can you share to video with me ... - Manu Arora read >>
Welcome to Aishwarya! ... - Manu Arora read >>
RE:What shall I do?
Depend on you! ... - Manu Arora read >>
Diet for Healthy Hair
Spinach, Carrots, Eggs, Walnuts, Lentils, Chicken, Strawberries and guavas, Yoghurt, Sweet potatoes, and finally Oats these foods will help to improve the growth of hair.
... - SIVA read >>