---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Planning a Baby >  Trying since long >what is regestrone ?
Start a new Topic

Search a question
Planning a Baby  Discussion Forum

Trying since long:what is regestrone ?
2004-06-28
Name: rak
hi Archie-

Thanks for your response (to the pills and period below)

We spoke to my wife's gynac who is based in Bombay, India recently (we are based in UAE for the moment).

She advised my wife to take a tablet called regestrone - 5 MG for 5 days (one in morning and one in the evening). After finishing this course, my wife would be getting her period 7 days after this.

Now our concerns are as follows (unfortunately these could not be checked with the gynac over the phone)
- What is this new pill my wife has been asked to take ? What is the objective of this pill
- Will she have to take this the next time around as well

We thought taking the 21 day pill would be a very regular and routine thing and would bring maximum security from unwanted pregancy. Taking the contraceptive itself has thrown her period cycle massively out of gear and now shes been asked to take another pill. Is this normal ?

What are the other pills one can have if Regestrone is not available?

Can you please clarify

regards / rak

Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2016-09-29
Name: Swarna
Subject:  RE:what is regestrone ?
Hi if its given by a doctor it should help your wife. however if you have doubt try consulting any other doctor and take advice he will provide you the best treatment and also tell you about the doctor.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-08-25
Name: NN
When the doctor prescribes you a medicine for any treatment you should always ask the doctor what it is and how will it treating your treatment. And if you are not able to find the tablets then call or email her to ask.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-08-11
Name: NN
These questions are nothing that you can not ask over the phone to your doctor. As you are in UAE and can not come over to mumbai just to ask these simple questions but you can make a call during her checkup hours and ask her.

2016-07-03
Name: kailash
Hello, be careful before using this pills , its low stength progesterone pills, take advice from doctor.

2016-07-03
Name: mohini
hi, you dont have any idea about this pills so how can you continue with this pills, i suggest get idea of using this pills and you will get better result.

2016-07-03
Name: sam
hello, the pill you mension there is for regularity for period, its not for your contraceptic pills, so consult from doctor.

2016-07-03
Name: mogli
hi rak, the pill you mension for your wife, is prescribe from doctor.so you cant take it by your conviniece, and take consult from gynac.

2016-07-03
Name: Alok
Hi rak,
Do you think that by taking that pill your problem will be solved not at all and you might face many problems also in future from that.

2016-06-24
Name: Trinath
Hi rak,
The pill which you have posted is regarding menstruation cycle so you must take in dosage wise under the consultation of doctor only.

2016-06-17
Name: Megha
Hi Rak,
Regestrone is the pill which is used for to have regular menstruation cycle for women.Because it will be helpful for women in all ways.And it used when health issue got occurred.

2016-06-10
Name: Jai
Hi rak,
It is the pill which is used to get periods regular if is not took place for every month.So then you can take that when doctor has consulted to you only.Becaue due to some reasons will not get regular.

2016-06-04
Name: Janu
Hi Rak,
Regesterone is a pill which is used to have menstruation cycle in regular.So it depends on you and the doctor you have consulted.So it would be better have a check up and they have a pill.

2016-05-30
Name: dia
It is a very contraceptive pill.Before you start taking this pill,you WILL definitely need advice of the doctor.So without doctor's consultation you can't chose treatment on your own.

2016-05-28
Name: Lambu
Hi rak,
WHile taking any medicine you need to consult to the doctor then only you will come to know about the medicine also and i wish you had done that and you got clarified from all doubts also can you share also.

2016-05-27
Name: sal
With out having any idea of the tablet why would use that because it may harm your life also.I hope you will get the idea of what you are using and be careful of your health also i wish you would take care.

2016-05-26
Name: lucy
Why do you take your own medicines with out consulting any doctor. It will effect the health of your wife. And now a days lots of pre pregnancy pills are available in the market. Please consult a doctor and the take the pill.

2016-05-19
Name: Levi
Hi Person,
I can understand you situation also and then what did you solve your problem can you say that and what would be the better option also and it will be helpful also to other people also.

2016-05-14
Name: Saisha
Before taking any other pill, please consult a doctor. It is for your and your wive's own betterment

2016-05-12
Name: sruthi
It is a very contraceptive pill.Before you start taking this pill,you WILL definitely need advice of the doctor.So without doctor's consultation you can't choose your own treatment on your own.

2016-05-09
Name: sruthi
It is a low strength progesterone contraceptive pill.Be careful while you use this.See a doctor
Pages >>  1  2 

All tips on Planning a Baby
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
what is regestrone ?

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :
what is regestrone ?

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :
what is regestrone ?

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Trying since long
hello pravin,
first of all congratulations for your successful treatement, and can you share your doctor address to us, so it will definitely helpful for other readers, and they can give reference of your doctor.... - ashish [View Message]
RE:Trying since long
hello pravin,
you go through ancient science therapy and then you go to IVF centers, and then you will get success, so can you tell us, how much expense of IVF treatement, and can you mention the name of doctor.... - urvashi [View Message]
RE:B T Rudresh worst doctor
Inspite of reading this comment, I went to him, he ruined my health, totally stopped my menstrual cycle, thus my face filled up with pimples...worst traitor...if I ask him why has he give such medicine, he just said if you keep on asking me such questions, I will stop giving medicines.
Just with this blackmail, I took for months together, with a hope this time he wo... - Grieved [View Message]
RE:Getting my tuboplasty done
hello suji,
my friend suffer from same problem, and she undergone treatement for the blocks and the tuboplasty is done by Dr. reddy at sainath hospital, afterr eight months of surgery now she was conceiving baby.... - jigar [View Message]
hello
not all ladies suffer from same problem, its a new begining of your life, so you should keep faith of god, and go ahead, keep trust on your doctor and take care of yourself.... - sudarshan [View Message]
hello suji,
may be its not too late, to give suggestion and you face surgery, there is no problem in surgery, one of my relative going through same condition and her surgery positive.... - nirav [View Message]
hello kiji
i dont have much knoweldge about tuboplasty, but i heard about tuboplasty, i want to know about costing and rate of this tuboplasty surgery, and the process of this surgery.... - aanchal [View Message]

The sound of rain Video..