My Baby's Health in My Hands

My first vacation as Sid's mother

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
It seems just yesterday when I was carrying Sid. And now he is 4 years old. It has been such a beautiful phase of my life. Every moment I spend with him is a treasure of memories. We laugh, we giggle and we live. It is indeed beautiful how nicely the Almighty blesses you with a child, not just to make you a mother, but to make you complete. Yes, I feel complete when I am with my family. There have been the most wonderful moments. There has been frequent doctor visits (for every sneeze or stomach ache). The online portal for kids suddenly became my best friend. I love shopping for him. No wonder 4 years have passed.

Me and my husband are the avid globetrotters. We both love to travel (and bring a souvenir from each place!). We have been really busy for past 4 years or should I say 5. So, when we celebrated his fourth birthday, my hubby came up with the awesome idea of taking our first vacation with Sid (I love him!). So, here I am packing my bags and getting ready for my first vacation as a mother. Initially we planned to go for a 5- 6 day trip. But, then again the parent in us, advice to cut it short to 2-3 days. This will be our first experience as a vacation together. Hence, we want to take things slowly and nicely. There is a list of do’s and don’ts I have received from our parents, friends and colleagues. It is based on those, that I have pursued the preps.

Here are some preparations I have done for him and us:-

• • Tourist spot- we have been really skeptical with regards to the place of our first vacation as a family. Since, my Sid loves water; we narrowed down to a weekend resort with swimming pool and natural scenery. We have ascertained pre booking of the accommodation. Not a stone has been left unturned by us to make sure that the hotel is neat, child friendly and easily accessible. We have at the same time ensured that the restaurant have child friendly meals available in the menu.

• • Weather- we know once Sid sees the swimming pool or the water, he would not be able to resist him. Hence, we have checked on the weather condition before pursuing the booking.

• • Safety- since, there will be loads of water; I have those cartoon character tubes, inflatable armbands and swimwear.

• • Clothing- Other than the swimwear for all of us, I have kept in the bags the flip flops and plenty of clothes for my cherub. His shoes, his sandal, his socks, his apparel all are ready to go.

• • Toys- Kids love to have a variety of toy. My sweet boy is no different. So, I have kept his favorite toys. I have also brought two surprise toys for him. These are the safeguards from the tantrums he might throw (fingers crossed).

• • Books- Sid likes a lot of picture books. In fact, we have a good collection for it. Hence, I have kept some of his books to keep him good company. It will be an asset for our vacation.

• • Medicines- I make sure to always keep the prescription and medications for him. That is a very important habit. In fact, I have not just kept his cold and cough syrups. I have also kept the mild antibiotics, disinfectant, and cotton and band aid. (God forbid! But, it is better to have them, then searching in a new place).

Ok Now, I got to go! I can hear the car honking!

Updated 06-09-2016 at 01:04 PM by Dhwani Singh

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Parenting & Pregnancy

Comments

Indian parenting and such a couple of humans are forthcoming for the help of the agents. The helping hand of the essaylab.org reviews is accentuated for the target. Reflection is ensured for the mid of the persons for the fulcrum in the mid of the parts.
    Excellent! You are well prepared. Granite Lebanon Ohio
    Whilst surfing the web in some cases I have found a site that is definitely very thought invoking like this one. I want to express that I found the content within your site has been pretty enjoyable and I also learnt new things. I'll be sure to watch out for the following article.. Thanks for the fantastic write-up I will return in the future. Mayfair Franchise
    Kids and children are the blessings of God. My child Judy is now 9 years old we still enjoy every moment in our life. Last year we went shopping and we saw the black Friday leather jacket sale where my daughter helped me to choose the best jacket that suits me.
    I can recommend primarily decent and even responsible tips, as a result view it: craniocervical instability