+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Avoid Spoiling Kids?

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

How to Avoid Spoiling Kids?

What are the signs that a child is spoiled? How to establish good behaviour in children? How to say “no” to unreasonable demands of children?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 17-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.

My in-laws are spoiling my kids. They pamper too much and when I object, they don't listen and they this is not spoiling but loving. Kids need to be loved to grow up to be a mature person. I agree that kids need top be loved but too much love is spoiling them. They just cannot hear a 'No' . Whenever they want something, they just want it and if they think that I would not give them, they ask to their grandparents and immediately their wish is fulfilled. I am unable to deal with all this as nobody listens to me. I feel that if not dealt now, then it would be too late for my kids to return back. Any suggestions as to how I can explain my in-laws as to what they are doing is not right.

Hi ,

Yes you are right in thinking that your in-laws are spoiling your kids. They are pampering them too much and this will affect their future. They will be rude to others and will be more self centered. They would desist sharing and will be bossy. They need to be shown the value of sharing, hardwork and politeness. They need to earn the thing that they want.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Raising kids in a balanced manner is the best way as it will not only make them responsible and mature but also help them to take on the challenges in life. As a parent, you should be able to say a 'No' to your kid when the situation demands. Giving in to the tantrums will spoil the kids and they will fail to understand the importance of value of a thing. Teaching kids about hard work will help them to value more. Giving age appropriate responsibility from a young age will make them responsible and independent. They will be sensible enough to understand the value of things. Grandparents do pamper their grandchildren because they feel it is their right but as a parent we must balance out the things and provide the right values and ethics thus right upbringing.