+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Foods Which Kids Should Avoid Eating

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

10 Foods Which Kids Should Avoid Eating

How to encourage kids to eat healthy? How to prevent kids from developing unhealthy eating habits? Which foods should be avoided by kids?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 19-08-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Kids should be encouraged to eat healthy from a young age. Starting early will help in forming healthy eating habits. You can do this by making appealing dishes out of healthy foods such as using more of coloured fruits and vegetables. Dark coloured foods such as brightly coloured vegetables and fruits will be liked by kids and they will surely give it a try. so you can make sandwiches using chutney and cucumbers and carrots. Increase the appeal by making funny faces.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have a toddler and he is a fussy eater so I make use of green chutneys or tomato chutneys instead of sauces and butter to add colour to normal food. If he does not like the taste then sometimes I add honey or jaggery to the food so he is having sweet food but in a healthy manner. I also make smiling faces, stars or characters with vegetables and fruits and this tempts him to try out the food more often. He feels excited to gobble up the lion or the star and thus I am doing my bit to teach him healthy eating habits.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If you help your kids to have healthy eating habits then please ensure that they do not have too much of junk foods. Make sure not to give them too much of sweets, fried stuff especially french fries. Avoid sodas altogether as they are just empty calories. Avoid processed food items as they have chemicals that can lead to health problems. Avoid too much of candies and juices also.