+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Benefits of Playing in the Dirt for Kids

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Benefits of Playing in the Dirt for Kids

To what lengths do you go to ensure that your child will not fall sick? Do you allow your child to play in the dirt or get a little dirty? Did you know that playing in the dirt can actually benefit your child’s health?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 28-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    You do have to be mindful of what dirt they play in as if it is where infected humans or animals have defecated it is very easy to pick up hookworms and intestinal parasites from the dirt. Apart from that it is great...my kids all enjoy playing outside and my two boys spend most of their life completely filthy so good to know I am doing something right.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, even i read.... Bacteria n other germs in dirts actually helping to enhance the immune system....

it's true, we compare the child in village and town , village born child is more healty than town born

very intersting article!!!

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is!! Do we need new research to tell us that? We grew up playing in mud. It is awesome. And I never stop my son from playing in mud.

Ya in this age where mom and dad are busy and due to increase in crime against kids,its become tough to send the kids out. But my experience as DAD says its good to take our kids and make play with soil,mud,it makes their grip firm and due to which lots of nerves in the fingers makes them more sensitive,stronger. The main hurdle is to keep them away from electronic revolution! Video game,tv program's etc.....