+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genital Herpes during Pregnancy

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Genital Herpes during Pregnancy

Do you agree that all women should get tested for herpes before getting pregnant? Do you worry about your unborn baby contracting herpes? Do you know how herpes can harm newborns?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 26-09-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Women should get tested for genital herpes before getting pregnant as there are chances of passing the infection to the baby. Though chances of infecting the baby are low when women have genital herpes before getting pregnant, or if she is first infected early in pregnancy, yet it is safe to get tested.

There is no need to get tested for genital herpes before pregnancy as it seldom poses a risk when present from the start. When present early, the body builds immunity against it and the baby does not get infected.

I never had any issue of genital herpes. I always practiced hygiene and safe sex. When I was pregnant, I did not get tested for this as i was sure of myself. Moreover I had gathered a lot of information about this so I was well aware. there is very low chances of infecting the baby, if genital herpes is present before.