+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much time in a day to workout

Question How much time in a day to workout

Hi,

I am in my 8th month now. I started doing prenatal yoga in my 4th month. I do 40-45 mins on an average daily. How much time is actually preferable to do in a day and how many times in a week.

I think you should go by your gut feeling. It varies from person to person. If you were always into fitness, then I think you have a good stamina. you can continue this routine if you are not feeling tired. You can do yoga thrice a week and in other days you can do some other light exercises.

I think you are doing the right thing. It is important to be active during pregnancy for the health of both the mother and the baby. I was active till my delivery and luckily I had a normal hassle free delivery also. I feel that yoga is safe during pregnancy if you have a complications free pregnancy.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    You can do yoga everyday for half an hour. Yoga is good during pregnancy. It relaxes the mind and the body. It keeps mind at peace. You should continue yoga till the end and you should also start walking slowly.

Exercising during the pregnancy is very important in today’s life as it keeps you going makes you feel active and helps you release stress. It is important to exercise right from the delivery and even after the delivery.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi all, working out during pregnancy is a vital part for staying healthy and it is recommended that a pregnant women should do moderate exercising for at least 30 minutes daily.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is important to visit the doctor and ask him whether it is safe to go to the gym. If he recommends you to go to the gym then you can hit the gym. The practitioner will limit your exercises if you have any complications and if you have gestational diabetes then you have to be a little more active.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi all, If you have been already working out before your pregnancy and are in good health then your practitioner will motivate you to continue your regular routine as long as you can do it with some modifications.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If it is not possible for you to go to the gym you can always try the other fun activities like swimming or stationary cycling or walking. All these exercises are safe and are effective. You can also join any prenatal yoga classes which are really beneficial.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, if you can’t do all this you can tell your partner to accompany you for walks after dinner. Having a company will keep you motivated and you can also enjoy with your favourite.

It is important to avoid rough and heavy exhausting exercises. They may affect the abdomen or can cause complications. It is recommended that women avoid sports during the pregnancy as there are risks of losing balance and falling. It is recommended to avoid gymnastics, horseback riding, ice skiing, football and many more sports during pregnancy.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello all, it is important that the pregnant mother completely avoid the high altitude sports during her pregnancy. Activities like scuba diving and all should be prevented as they have a risk of decompressing the baby.