Baby Movements During Pregnancy
Bloodgroup of Foetus
Calculate Foetus Age
Deformity in Foetus
Effect of Medication & Vaccination on Feotus
Foetal Complexion
Foetal Head Growth
Foetal Heartbeat
Foetal Kidney Problems
Foetal Foetal Low Weight
Foetal Slow Growth
Small Feotus

You are here: Home > Doctors on call > FAQs > Behavioral Problems

Behavioral Problems
Kindly read through our Frequently Asked Questions before submitting your queries. If you still wish to ask a question to our panel of experts, click here for our premium services.

Related ArticlesRelated FAQsDiscussion Boards
Introduction to Behavioral Disorders Psychological Problems Behavioral Problems
Temper Tantrums Compulsive Liar Behavioral Disorders
Stubborn & Aggressive Temper Tantrums
more more more
Behavioral Problems >>>
 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I have a two-year-old daughter. I gather from the several people that she is of a rather sunny disposition and mingles well with her peers. However at home she often throws tantrums and withdraws into sulks. This is especially so when I am trying to have a quite moment with my husband. Is there a way around her behaviour pattern?

Radhika (Konkan, India)

A: Your child is basically trying to exhibit attention-seeking behaviour, which you may not be fulfilling in the presence of your husband. A 2-year old cannot express verbally about her need for affection and attention, therefore transforms them in the form of tantrums and mood swings. You may want to give her extra time and put in more efforts by playing with her so that she feels secure.

Dr. Sushma Mehrotra

Q: My daughter does not write in class, nor does she eat her tiffin. Also, when a classmate hits her, she does not hit back.

Amit (Bangalore, India)

A: Your child is too young to know the ways of this world. She will learn with time.

Dr. Subba Rao

Q: My son is overactive and is least interested in studies. It hurts to say that he is very selfish and just thinks about himself. He is very arrogant and is emotionally not attached to anyone. Does he need counselling? I don't mind his disinterest in studies, but I strongly feel that he should respect elders, love his family and become a sensible child. Please guide me. His diet, eating habits, health, general sharpness and grasping is normal.

Yesha (Aurangabad, India)

A: I think your child will benefit from a consultation with a child psychologist. You should definitely take him for counselling.

Dr. Subba Rao

Back to previous page

search search the site

To check our panel of doctors and experts
click here.

To check out other Faq's on various topics
click here.

E - Shop
Visit E-Shop Now!
Baby Photo Contest