---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Health Issues >bathing baby when he has cold
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Health Issues:bathing baby when he has cold
2009-03-16
Name: Radha Kannan
Hi

My 2 month old son is having a mild cold and the weather is also very bad.
I just wanted to know if it is ok to continue to bathe him - especially is it ok to give him a head bath?

Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2009-03-18
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi Radha
Instead of bathing him, undress him in a warm room, take a soft cloth, wet in hot water, wring and wipe him clean. Then pat him dry with a towel and dress him immediately. You can give him a headbath after a gap of 2-3 days, until he is better.

If the cold persists, please visit your doc.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
bathing baby when he has cold

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:umbilibal cord
Umbilical cord is basically a tube through which the baby and mother exchange all the nutrients and also oxygen. When the baby is delivered all his organs are developed enough to function on their own so the chord is not needed.... - Ashna [View Message]
RE:Retained placenta
Usually the placenta and everything comes out after the baby is delivered like after 30 mins or 1 hour. What did your doctor say about it? Have you consulted your gynac after the surgery and did he tell you to get any test done?... - NN [View Message]
RE:pls someone answer
Hot besan ka halwa is said to be good for the throat but then too much of ghee that is used to make the halwa can be harmful too. And for the ginger and honey, it is one of the best home remedy for cold and cough.... - NN [View Message]
RE:Monitoring during pregnancy
I don't know how accurate can an app be. What is the app about and what does it do? Do you think it is okay to follow an app during your pregnancy? Shouldn't you consult your gynac about instead of the app?... - NN [View Message]
RE:Retained placenta
I had once read that after delivery nothing like placenta or umbilical cord should be left inside the body. I think you should meet a doctor as soon as possible and tell him everything and see what he says about it.... - NN [View Message]
RE:frequent cold
Babies have a weak immune system and they need to be taken a lot of care of or else they get sick. Take your baby to a doctor and ask him what is that you would do to avoid your baby from the cold and cough.... - NN [View Message]
RE:Please advise: circumcise/ Urine infection/ VUR
Urine infection is very common in small children and there is nothing much to worry about it. Keep giving him the prescribed medicine and he will get better with time. And for the rest of the problems you should go to a doctor.... - Manisha [View Message]

What is shopping addiction? Video..