---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Health Issues >bathing baby when he has cold
Start a new Topic
Search a question
Health Issues:bathing baby when he has cold
Name: Radha Kannan

My 2 month old son is having a mild cold and the weather is also very bad.
I just wanted to know if it is ok to continue to bathe him - especially is it ok to give him a head bath?

Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi Radha
Instead of bathing him, undress him in a warm room, take a soft cloth, wet in hot water, wring and wipe him clean. Then pat him dry with a towel and dress him immediately. You can give him a headbath after a gap of 2-3 days, until he is better.

If the cold persists, please visit your doc.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
bathing baby when he has cold

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Monitoring during pregnancy
Anyone using home monitoring tools during pregnancy? I am aware of Evolko's HealthRadar app but any others? What is the experience with such self-monitoring options?... - Shrutii [View Message]
COugh at night time
My baby has a Cough in night time. During day he is alll good. But during sleep he starts coughing. Doc suggested him Omnacortil nd Ambrodil. But We find that Maxtra is give some relief to my child while sleep. It stops cough in night immidiately. Is it safe to use Maxtra for 1.6 yrs old child?... - RUPSA [View Message]
Female Paedeatrician in Pune
Hello Mommies,

Looking for help urgently!!!
Can you please suggest some good female child doctors in Pune (area of Aundh, Wakad, Baner, PCMC will be preferable).

thank you very much. ... - Aashi's mom [View Message]
My 5 year daughter suffering left side grade 4 VUR please advice best Doctor in Pune ... - Rinny [View Message]
frequent cold
My baby is about To complete 6 months he gets frequent cold and I m worried coz of it...pls suggest some remedies... - Pooja Shah [View Message]
ureteric erflux
Seem problem my baby pls suggested me... - Umesh [View Message]
umbilibal cord
my youngest sister gave birth to twins last month my children twin boys were there to see their aunt deliver they bioth came and asked me mummy why did the doctor cut the babys umbilical cord they had asked this question when their sister was born 2 years ago please tell me in detail how to eplain about to the... - Nalini Kolgad [View Message]

Fathers Day Gift Video