You are here: Home > Message Boards > Love >  Love Stories >Love Stories
Love  Discussion Forum

Love Stories:Love Stories
2007-05-05
Name: Editor Are you in love? Have you ever been in love? What did your first kiss feel like? Tell us! Simply click on a topic below, and send in your entry. Share your most memorable moments with all of us. Touch the hearts of millions around the world, just like your beloved touched yours. It's time to spread the message of love!
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2016-11-07
Name: Alisa
Subject:  RE:Love Stories
Try to concentrate on the things which give you inner happiness.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-02-22
Name: How i got married
Subject:  My Story!
It starts in Spring 2003, when a friend passed away in an accident whilst on holiday in India. I found it difficult to come to terms with, the only thought that stuck out in my mind was how short life truly is. I was 25, in a decent job, single, going on frequent holidays with friends - generally enjoying life.

I then decided that i needed to go out and get what i really wanted from life. So i told my parents, friends and family to find me a guy, they spread the word. I joined a matrimonial website and actively looked for a husband myself.

In Aug that year i started chatting to a guy who was from the other end of the UK, we got on well on screen, emailing each other once a wk. In the mean time my family started setting me up with guys - the no-good, bad and the ugly!

At Christmas, he asked for my mobile no and shortly after we were talking on the phone twice a week, sending regular texts. He was self-employed and i told him that i wanted to be too. He really encouraged me and i started forth on a personal ambition.

It wasn' t until June 04 that we actually arranged to meet up. As we were both working a lot we had found it difficult to set up. On one ocassion when i was in London, he was unable to meet because he was ill. So eventually we made it happen and went out in a group with friends.

Initially i wasnt physically attracted to him but his personality was so strong that i felt pulled in his direction - he was charming, funny, intelligent, kind, generous, witty. But i just wasn' t attracted to him. We carried on talking and texting - i filled him in when i would go see a guy that the family were introducing me too. Afterwards i would call him up and tell him why i said no to these guys, we would laugh at how people would fix me up with just anybody, without looking at whether we were actually compatibile!

Then one day when i was telling him about another ' meeting' coming up he stopped me and said that he didnt want to know. I was really surprised as i thought he was interested, we ended up arguing and i didn' t call him for a few days. I met the other guy (another no) and on the way home i text him to say that i said no again. No reply.

That night i called him up and asked him why he was behaving so distantly, why he hadnt text me ' good luck' , why the cold shoulder?
The reply came...' it isn' t funny anymore, every time you go to see a guy im left here thinking ' what if this is it? what if this is the guy that is going to sweep you off your feet? what if this is the one you want to marry?' Where would that leave me? I don' t want to be your friend, i want more. I love talking to you, we couldn' t have this if you married someone else, no-one would let me be your best friend. I don' t want to be just your friend, i want more. I want you. I think we should not speak to one another and get our heads sorted out. If you don' t want me then you have to let me go.'
I was taken back by his frankness, this sudden outburst, which i realised in hindsight was building up ever since we had first met.

I wasn' t physically attracted to him but i knew i didnt want to let him go, this just wasn' t fair, especially not for him. Why was i being drawn back to him every single time? Was i subconsciously comparing the guys i was meeting to him?

After two days of solace i called him up and said that i couldn' t stand not talking to him, so shall we give us a try? Even though we were over 200miles apart, i knew we both had the determination to make it work.

We decided to go away to New York on a ' make or break' holiday, for some reason i had it fixed in my head that the outcome of this holiday was going to be final, either we would stay together or split.

We went for one week and on the second day he stopped me in the middle of a busy street, bent down and tied my shoelaces. In that couple of seconds i realised that we were going to be together. That was it, that small little, some may say insignificant act was all it took for me to realise that this guy would look after me until my last breath.

The whole trip was fantastic, he had arranged a Sex and the City tour (im a huge fan), shopping trips, to see Lion King production on Broadway, dinner at the Marriot in Time Square in the revolving restaurant, trip to see the Statue of Liberty, Madam Tussauds. It was a magical experience, he had put so much thought into this trip, the result being we had a fantastic time and took home some wonderful memories.

Two weeks after our return i had packed my bags for a business trip to India. I knew it was going to be difficult being away for six weeks but i had another dream that i had to fulfil. A dream that he had encouraged me to chase. We talked every day and i missed him dearly. I knew i had fallen in love with him. My heart had fallen for him a long time ago, my mind was a little delayed. I realised that you can' t tick all the boxes. With this gentleman i ticked the majority and he had a whole lot more to give - i felt blessed that someone like him could love someone like me.

After a few months i told my parents that i had found someone i liked. At first they were a little apprehensive, as we didnt have family close to where he lives, they didnt like the thought of me being so far away. He called a week before Valentines day and asked if he could take me out for dinner, my mum consented and he came round and met my parents. It didnt take long for them to come round to my way of thinking - they really liked him.

To cut this short we had our rokha in March 05 and he whisked me away to a weekend in Paris where he proposed on a glass boat sailing down the River Seine, under the Alexander bridge, with a string quartet playing in the background. That was another unforgettable night, the food was out of this world and we also had photographs taken of the proposal from the photographer on board!

The following year we got married in the Spring. The budding blossoms and beautiful colours around us echoed the love and the promises that we had pledged to one another that day. It was the start of a new era, one that we hoped would last through all seasons.

In pleased to say that despite our ' heated discussions' we have got through the difficult phase that often plagues newly married couples. Readjusting to the change in responsibilities, the challenge of taking another family and treating it as you would your own - maybe even better. It isn' t always easy but we have gotten to a stage in our lives where we can talk openly about anything, we understand one another better and are safe in the knowledge that we were mean' t to be together. We are expecting our first child in Aug and have already made plans (God willing) to not wait too long for number 2!

Today i am where i wanted to be - running my own business, a wife and soon - to - be mother. I have my best friend, my everything by my side, i know im blessed and i thank God every day for all that has been sent my way. I know His aashirwaad is with me always.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Love
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Love Stories

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Love
& Answers to Topic :
Love Stories

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Love
& Answers to Topic :
Love Stories

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:My Love Life
hi..frnd..ap ki ye prb bahut common hi..aur ye sab hota rhta hi..bt isk lye paresan hone ki jaroorat nhi hi..sb thk ho jayega...dnt wrry..for mor..ap muje msg kar skte ho... - hornysubbu [View Message]
RE:husbands behave experiences from married women
hello female,
there is no need to take different views from married women every women face different situation, with her partner, so you should be experience your life and with your partner share experience.... - dhiraj [View Message]
hello female,
now i read your post, and what is your age, you didnt mention in post, so if you want hows husband behaviour with wife after marriage, so every women have different persnality of husband, you cant judge.... - pranoti [View Message]
hello female,
you cant judge the other married women experience and cant judge the situation of any other women, so you should get marry soon and face the married life with lots of happiness.... - nirmala [View Message]
hello female,
you cant assume anyone nature, and not every time you judge only husband nature, most of the times, husband nature is depend upon the wife behaviour and nature, so you should noticed that also.... - pramil [View Message]
hello female friend,
i m married since 5 years, and my husband is so much caring towards me, he support me in each and every things, also when i was right, he appreciate me, and when i was wrong he was correct me.... - dipti [View Message]
hello female,
i m now 28 years old, and i have one 3 years old baby, i got married in early age, and the married life is so much difficult for me till now, because of early marriage i cant do anything whatever in my mind.... - shekhar [View Message]