---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month old ?
2009-02-17
Name: ketaki charekar
I have been breastfeeding till date. but the frequency of bf has decreased since my daughter has now started eating khichri, rice and other foods. I wud like to start milk for her. Will it be OK to start giving 2 oz of milk twice during the day to my 7 month old ?
Please let me know.

2009-02-17
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi Ketaki
Yes, you can start a bit of top feed, but please give her formula (Nan 2 or Lactogen 2). After she completed 1 year, you can give her cow' s milk. Buffalo milk is more fatty and contains less protein than cow' s milk, so cow' s milk is preferable.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-03-19
Name: ketaki
Subject:  For Mel -Thanks, started Nan 2, Plz suggest
Hey Mel, I started Nan2 fr my duaghet who will complete 8 months next week. I give her 3 feeds of 4 oz through out the day. Morning , afternooon and evening. At night i breastfeed her. Hope I am giving her in sufficient quantity. Kindly comment.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-02-18
Name: ketaki
Subject:  thanks mel
hi Mel,

Its nice to c your reply. thanks a lot for responding.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month old ?

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:menu n recipes for 7 months old baby
Hey monica, you can check online google will give you the best ideas is what i feel... - poorni [View Message]
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
hi richa
you had posted this year ago so what you used for your baby. as per my suggestion fro 5 months baby mother brest feeding is compulsory.... - heena [View Message]
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
hi richa,
take proper consultation from doctor and after give baby milk, but for 5 month baby brest feeding is compulsory.... - gowardhan [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
When it comes to children at such a young age, one must remember that the quantity of the food is what's most important. Excess of even something beneficial can end up causing harm to the body. I will not be able to comment on sugar since I haven't tried that when my child was younger. However, I used to feed my child very small amounts of Gowardhan ghee when he was around... - Priya [View Message]
RE:Aavin milk is good
Hi Minka,
Avain milk might be some milk which are prepared in milk dairy form.So i think it might be toned already.... - Pari [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
Hi Person,
Feeding such type of food is good only but the thing is it must be feeded in small quantity only.... - Elizabeth [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how NULLNULLNULL
Hi Shwetha,
If you really feel that by feeding lactogen baby would get some energy then you can feed that baby food.... - Levi [View Message]

How Parents can Help Children Video..