---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month old ?
2009-02-17
Name: ketaki charekar
I have been breastfeeding till date. but the frequency of bf has decreased since my daughter has now started eating khichri, rice and other foods. I wud like to start milk for her. Will it be OK to start giving 2 oz of milk twice during the day to my 7 month old ?
Please let me know.

2009-02-17
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi Ketaki
Yes, you can start a bit of top feed, but please give her formula (Nan 2 or Lactogen 2). After she completed 1 year, you can give her cow' s milk. Buffalo milk is more fatty and contains less protein than cow' s milk, so cow' s milk is preferable.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-03-19
Name: ketaki
Subject:  For Mel -Thanks, started Nan 2, Plz suggest
Hey Mel, I started Nan2 fr my duaghet who will complete 8 months next week. I give her 3 feeds of 4 oz through out the day. Morning , afternooon and evening. At night i breastfeed her. Hope I am giving her in sufficient quantity. Kindly comment.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-02-18
Name: ketaki
Subject:  thanks mel
hi Mel,

Its nice to c your reply. thanks a lot for responding.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can I start buffalo milk for my 7 month old ?

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Difference between Lactogen and NAN
Hi Mother,
Why to use all formula products for kids which may effect the baby health and it would be better have some guidance form an experienced people or from any doctor.... - Basu [View Message]
RE:Nestum or Cerelac?
Hi Ramya,
It is good to keep food which is prepared at home only because all formula food is becoming unhealthy now a days.So parent be alert about the baby food products also.... - Ishu [View Message]
RE:Is Ragi same as Kutu
Hi Monika,
I think both were different products and for look might be the same only.So first you find that kuttu is constipated food or not and by what it will get prepared also.... - Lambu [View Message]
RE:Aavin milk is good
Hi Minka,
You just remember one thing that what ever milk you give to baby that it must contain some quantity of calcium in it because after it got toned nothing would be in it know.... - Naik [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
Hi Person,
I think it not so better to keep at this month only try to keep after one or two months because the food which you keep would easily get digested also.... - Natasha [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how NULLNULLNULL
Hi Shwetha,
Your baby is just three months and how could you start to give formula milk if you never mind I would say one thing that try to give milk of cow by purchasing it directly from milk man.... - Jasmine [View Message]
RE:How late can I give my baby cerelac NULL
Hi Minx,
So it must be given in the evening hours only so that baby would play nicely and after that you can feed the baby with what ever you like.... - Lambu [View Message]

Make your TV into a Computer Monitor Video..