---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Home remedies for cold during pregnancy
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Health Concerns:Home remedies for cold during pregnancy
2007-05-14
Name: KR
Hi all,

I' m 6 weeks pregnant and I have been having cold since 10 days. The first 4 days was very bad, my voice was changed and i couldn' t talk due to throat pain & cold. I didn' t take any counter medications, I just took some home remedies, it has reduced the cold and cough and my voice has come back. But I still have cold & cough accompained with mucous. I feel really terrible running to the restroom to blowout the nose and spit out the mucous. I have nausea all day long, which all together makes me feel bad and am not feeling like eating or doing anything.

If anyone knows and have tried any home rememdies other than honey pepper/warm milk with pinch of turmeric and cracked black pepper, please let me know and hope this topic would be helpful to many who are suffering from cold and cough. Thanks!
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-08-24
Name: suji
Subject:  cold and cough
For throat infection gargling of salt with lukewarm water 3 to 4 times a day.
For cold apply vicks vapourub in ur chest,ribs,back,nose,throat and fully cover yourself with blanket take steam inhalation later. Keep drinking hot water that' s it ur cold will go off.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-07-26
Name: Sunny
Subject:  Cold and Cough
Chicken Soup with Garlic and onion, Lemon with Honey, Steam Inhalation and black tea with Ginger grated (Warm) are best home remedies
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Home remedies for cold during pregnancy

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Gynaec in Noida
I Will recomend you to go to Dr. Pushpa Kaul in Noida Sector 63, she operates out of SJM SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL. I had both my high risk deliveries under her treatment. If you tell her about me and my husband Prasoon that will be fine for us.Now we are living in Vizag.... - Shubhangi [View Message]
After having suffered through big names in Noida and Delhi, I happened to meet Dr Pushpa Kaul. She's a Senior Gynaecologist. She treated me for the right things and helped me conceive after 15 years of marriage. She's a blessing indeed!... - Preeti [View Message]
I agree with Preeti as I was also treated for Infertility. Under Dr Pushpa Kaul's treatment I was able to conceive after 9 years of marriage and recurrent abortions. I am quite happy with her treatment and guidance.... - Ranju [View Message]
Noida where exactly do you stay as there are couple of good gynacs and you should try visiting them. Please the place where you stay.... - Ankita [View Message]
Hi try using google as you will get a list of good doctors listed there and will also be easy for you to choose from because there you get reviews from the patient.... - Nisha [View Message]
Hi Shewta My wife is visiting Dr Desai there and we are very happy with the doctor as he is taking very good care of my wife and i recommend you to book an appointment.... - Ram [View Message]
Dr Pushpa Kaul is the best option as my sisters treatment is gong there and i must say we are very happy the way treatment is going on.... - Disha [View Message]

Happy father's day Video..