---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Home remedies for cold during pregnancy
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Health Concerns:Home remedies for cold during pregnancy
2007-05-14
Name: KR
Hi all,

I' m 6 weeks pregnant and I have been having cold since 10 days. The first 4 days was very bad, my voice was changed and i couldn' t talk due to throat pain & cold. I didn' t take any counter medications, I just took some home remedies, it has reduced the cold and cough and my voice has come back. But I still have cold & cough accompained with mucous. I feel really terrible running to the restroom to blowout the nose and spit out the mucous. I have nausea all day long, which all together makes me feel bad and am not feeling like eating or doing anything.

If anyone knows and have tried any home rememdies other than honey pepper/warm milk with pinch of turmeric and cracked black pepper, please let me know and hope this topic would be helpful to many who are suffering from cold and cough. Thanks!

2007-08-24
Name: suji
Subject:  cold and cough
For throat infection gargling of salt with lukewarm water 3 to 4 times a day.
For cold apply vicks vapourub in ur chest,ribs,back,nose,throat and fully cover yourself with blanket take steam inhalation later. Keep drinking hot water that' s it ur cold will go off.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-07-26
Name: Sunny
Subject:  Cold and Cough
Chicken Soup with Garlic and onion, Lemon with Honey, Steam Inhalation and black tea with Ginger grated (Warm) are best home remedies
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Home remedies for cold during pregnancy

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Best Gynae in/around South Delhi
Hi Priyanka,
So it would be better you have chose god gyneac and you should know all the doctors so then you will know about very well and the way they treat with patients.... - Varnam [View Message]
RE:Mensoon ayurvedic abortion tablets
Hi tarini,
Did you take that mensoon tablet and after that did child got aborted or not.Because in second week you have taken and at present you are in twenty week of pregnancy.There is no clarity.... - Ragini [View Message]
RE:is mango shake harmful to pregnancy
Hi Barathy,
Who had given this word that milk shake which is type of mango flavor would be harm for health.It is not so harm you can have it.But if you feel doubt you can clarify from doctor.... - Naga [View Message]
Hi Priyanka,
Do not take any tensions on doctors there are number of doctor who would treat the people.Take care of you and your baby which is most important to you.... - Pari [View Message]
RE:Mensoon ayurvedic abortion tablets
Hi Tarini,
All women who got married and their is no chance of getting conceive are dying for kids but you are taking decision to abort the child please do not take any such decision.... - Gautami [View Message]
RE:is mango shake harmful to pregnancy
Hi Barathy,
It is not so harmful and not so good also.It would depend on your wish only.If you like to have that you can.Nothing would happen to your health and the baby also.... - Charmi [View Message]
Hi Sharma,
Finding good gyneac is really hard.Because doctors are suggesting to make operation if their is chance for normal delivery.So it would be better go for good doctor who is practicing since decades.... - Nisha [View Message]

How to avoid Cheating? Video..