You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Home remedies for cold during pregnancy

Health Concerns:Home remedies for cold during pregnancy
2007-05-14
Name: KR Hi all,

I' m 6 weeks pregnant and I have been having cold since 10 days. The first 4 days was very bad, my voice was changed and i couldn' t talk due to throat pain & cold. I didn' t take any counter medications, I just took some home remedies, it has reduced the cold and cough and my voice has come back. But I still have cold & cough accompained with mucous. I feel really terrible running to the restroom to blowout the nose and spit out the mucous. I have nausea all day long, which all together makes me feel bad and am not feeling like eating or doing anything.

If anyone knows and have tried any home rememdies other than honey pepper/warm milk with pinch of turmeric and cracked black pepper, please let me know and hope this topic would be helpful to many who are suffering from cold and cough. Thanks!
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-08-24
Name: suji
Subject:  cold and cough
For throat infection gargling of salt with lukewarm water 3 to 4 times a day.
For cold apply vicks vapourub in ur chest,ribs,back,nose,throat and fully cover yourself with blanket take steam inhalation later. Keep drinking hot water that' s it ur cold will go off.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-07-26
Name: Sunny
Subject:  Cold and Cough
Chicken Soup with Garlic and onion, Lemon with Honey, Steam Inhalation and black tea with Ginger grated (Warm) are best home remedies
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Home remedies for cold during pregnancy

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Hospital(Maternity) near to HSR Layout,Bangalore
Hi dear nothing to worry as you are in safe hands and the doctor is best, so please be rest assured and do not panic at all and the place which you have choose is also the best. ... - Aditi [View Message]
Hello dear frankly speaking have no idea about it but then you can always visit some other hospitals also and ask your husband to have done the survey and then accordingly select the best hospitals for you.... - Anju [View Message]
I think you have chosen the best doctor but the hospital is not good so please choose some other hospital and rest be sure that what you choose should be near by to your own house so it is easy to travel.... - Anaida [View Message]
Hi Kamalini good to hear about the news my best wishes are with you and with your family as i am not from that area so have no idea at all, All the best dear and please give us the good news soon.... - Anamika [View Message]
Hi there please feel free to have a word with the doctor and take her suggestions as she will guide you properly and will not give you wrong suggestions so please make sure you are choosing the right hospital for your delivery.... - Anjali [View Message]
Hi dear all the best for your delivery and please do not panic at all as your husband will take care of all these thing you just be normal and feel happy about the coming child rest all will be taken care of.... - Shivangi [View Message]
Hello dear this is really a good news to hear and must tell you that the doctor is also the best as the same doctor was when i was pregnant and must tell you that she treated me very well and will recommend you to not change the doctor.... - Sarita [View Message]

Buying a Used Car Video..