The power of plants and flowers in your home
- Plants are auspicious from the point of feng shui. It is always good to grow plants in the house, especially wooded plants.
- Plants in the office also bring about increased luck in your career. Place plants in the east, south or south-east corners of your office for maximum luck.
- If you are a married couple and want children, avoid putting flowers in the bedroom. Instead, place a basket of fruits in your bedroom. Fruits, especially pomegranates, are a symbol of fertility.
- Don't place thorny plants inside your home. Thorny plants do form a protective shield, and could be placed outside the home. Don't place them too near the front door. They could be placed a little further away from the door, or in the balcony.
- Don't place bonsai plants inside or outside the home. They represent stunted growth.
- Trim your plants regularly. Overgrown plants promote bad energy. Similarly, trim trees in your garden regularly. Don't let them overwhelm your house.
- Fresh flowers bring luck and fortune in your home. Place fresh flowers in your living room on a regular basis. However, once they die, throw them out. Don't leave dying flowers in your home.
- Avoid placing dried flowers in your house. They are believed to bring misfortune. Artificial flowers are a far preferable option and are believed to bring luck.
- Do not place any flowers, plants or any other auspicious feng shui symbol in the bathroom. The good luck will backfire and turn into bad luck.
- Ever noticed lemons (nimbus) hanging on the entrances of shops? They are believed to ward off the evil eye, according to Hindu superstitious beliefs. Similarly, oranges and lemons are believed to be powerful symbols of fortune, and bring prosperity to the home. They should be placed at the entrance.
General tips for enhancing prosperity
Before we continue, it is essential to get one thing clear. There is no substitute for hard work. "Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration." Few people have come across wealth and prosperity without putting in hard work. However, often even the most hardworking people may feel that no matter how much they struggle, they seem to be going nowhere, because of sheer bad luck. These are just a few tips to encourage lady luck to smile in your direction.
- The three-legged frog is considered to be a strong symbol of prosperity. Keep it anywhere in your living room.
- In your office, sit with your back to the wall or a closed cabinet Avoid sitting with your back to the window or an open bookshelf or you may become the victim of malice and betrayal.
- Place a painting or image of a mountain range on the wall behind you.
- Never sit with your back to the door.
- Flowing water is always considered auspicious. If you have a fountain in your reception area, ensure that the water is flowing inwards, and not in the outward direction - or money will flow out instead of flowing in.
- If you live close to a swift river, prosperity just gets swept along with the current. It is best to live close to a meandering stream.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team