• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >can i give banana when baby has cold?
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Feeding: can i give banana when baby has cold?
Name: monika
Date: 2004-10-27
dear girls,
My baby is 5 months old. We are in Calcutta.I started giving him mashed banana, boiled apple & rice cereal from 4 month onwards. Now he is suffering from cold . Shud i stop giving him banana?? is it true that banana increases congestion??? is it true that banana shud not be given after dark??
Also my baby drinks abt 1 oz milk after every solid feed. I have never given him water & he has never been constipated, though his stools are quite hard ever since he started solids. Shud i substitute the milk he takes after solid feed with water??
Pls advise
Monika

Name: Maha
Subject:  can i give banana when baby has cold?
Date: 2004-10-27
Hi Monika,
My ped says that fruits can be given during cold. My daughter got cold n when I checked my ped whether I can give grapes, she said YES. I live in the US but in India they say not to give.Here they even say water is not must for 5 m old baby. If taken its fine, otherwise dont force.Milk has enough water in it.My daugter took watre when she was 9m old ...that too a few sips till today.
Give milk as much as possible as ur one is tiny.
Maha
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
can i give banana when baby has cold?

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
stem cell banking
Trust Lifecell International Pvt Ltd as they have provided better service when compared to other so far. We are going to sign up with them in few days.... - Malini [View Message]
give me your number
hi... - siva [View Message]
Two Months Old Baby Feeding..
Im mother of two months old baby. my breastfeeding is not enough for my baby.. i can able to feed twice in a day. Please advice me

To increase my breastfeed and Alternate solution for my baby feeding(if mother milk not enough)

Can i give packed milk? or some other milk product..... - Anitha Suresh [View Message]
bottle feeding problem
Hi all, I have 2and half month daughter she is bottle feed ..she spits after every feed sometimes vomit.I burp her and hold her in upright position nothing helped her she cries while spitting and some times even 1hr after feeding milk will come out from with .how do I help her... - Akshatha Pradyumna [View Message]
Stem cell banking for my baby
I would suggest you to opt for LifeCell International Pvt. Ltd. They are the most trusted stem cell banks, which safeguards your baby' s stem cell at affordable prices. It has given me a lifetime opportunity to secure my child' s future health. I appreciate the service provided by lifecell, as the executive person was present in the hospital within an hour of the phone cal... - Lavanya Mohan [View Message]
traveling in train with six month old baby
Hey, my baby will be six months on April fourth and we have to travel to Delhi in April first half. She' s exclusively breastfed. I' m concerned about feeding her semi solids in train because it' s a two days' journey. I will be giving her home made food at home, but it' s not practical to prepare for the travel. I checked for ready to eat food like gerber and found it ver... - jubi sha [View Message]
not chewing
my daughter is now 19 months old, she will take normal food but she just swallow everything... she never chew them... for this i' ll smash the food nicely by hand and give it to her... if it little solid or thick she rejects them... pls help me how to practice her to chew the food...... - shashee [View Message]

Being in an Arranged Marriage Video