---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Breastfeeding >Overdose of lactare
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Breastfeeding:Overdose of lactare
2010-05-28
Name: Geetanjali Mukhopadhyay

God blessed us with a baby boy on 13th May.

My boy is two weeks old.. I' m feeding my baby and increase BF I' m taking lactare granules twice...

Some times i take lactare 3 to 4 times also....

Please let me know is there a chance of overdose of lactare???? r there any side effects....

Also my 2 weeks baby demands feeding every hour ... some times even after 45 mins of feeding he seems to be hungry... so I' m giving top milk (enfamil prescribed by my pediatric)...

I' m using feeding bottle... Is it OK???

Plz guide...

2010-06-16
Name: Sharan
Subject:  Re Lactare
My wife was also prescribed lactare 3 times a day two tabs each time, she took it for a few days till we found out long term use can cause uterine wall problems for women after the age of 50.

She saw a lactation consultant in Chennai who prescribed Galact Ayurvedic powder which she said is safer..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Overdose of lactare

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Breastfeeding my husband.. my story
Hello Prabha,
So can you exactly say what you want to do then it can be helpful for other also if they want to help or any thing to do i wish it would be so valuable if you want to help the children with the milk by donating.... - Lasia [View Message]
RE:anyone in need of expressedBreast Milk - Bangalore
Hello Rao,
So you are ready to donate the milk or do you have any facility to help the people with the milk can you say what kind of help can you do it would be better if you state the thing to us so then will come to know about that.... - Manah [View Message]
RE:Any Breast Milk Donors in Chennai
Hello Siddharth,
So you can try in any milk banks there you can get that so there would not be any problem to you also.And i guess they will test the milk before taking it from the donor also.I wish you would do that.And i hope you will get the milk also.... - Sid [View Message]
RE:breast feeding
Hello Person,
I would suggest you no because for new born baby moms milk is only good for health because that milk contains all type of proteins and vitamins also.I wish you to consult to any one or to the doctor then you stop giving milk to the baby.... - Megha [View Message]
RE:breastfeeding
Hello Anita,
I think it must be clarified from the doctor and not from the forum because it is an health issue and it must be dealt with very carefully so that only your baby will be fine and also healthy.I wish you would post an comment on this.... - Mala [View Message]
RE:donate milk in delhi
Hello Rohit,
Does it was said by doctor only because am hearing this first time and does the mothers milk will be used as medicine for cure can you share what was the problem exactly so that it would be helpful and any one can help you with the solution.... - Megha [View Message]
RE:Broad minded ladies in bangalore?
Hello Arun,
Why are you very must interested to drink the milk of the nursing mom can you share the reason so that it would be better and any one may come forward to help you also and more over kids are in need of milk also.... - Mishri [View Message]

How to buy a Digital Camera Video