---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Breastfeeding >Overdose of lactare
Start a new Topic
Search a question
Breastfeeding:Overdose of lactare
Name: Geetanjali Mukhopadhyay

God blessed us with a baby boy on 13th May.

My boy is two weeks old.. I' m feeding my baby and increase BF I' m taking lactare granules twice...

Some times i take lactare 3 to 4 times also....

Please let me know is there a chance of overdose of lactare???? r there any side effects....

Also my 2 weeks baby demands feeding every hour ... some times even after 45 mins of feeding he seems to be hungry... so I' m giving top milk (enfamil prescribed by my pediatric)...

I' m using feeding bottle... Is it OK???

Plz guide...

Name: Sharan
Subject:  Re Lactare
My wife was also prescribed lactare 3 times a day two tabs each time, she took it for a few days till we found out long term use can cause uterine wall problems for women after the age of 50.

She saw a lactation consultant in Chennai who prescribed Galact Ayurvedic powder which she said is safer..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Overdose of lactare

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Request for donation
I request you to donate your breast milk to the nearest milk bank.... - Dr.Sneha [View Message]
Appeal for Breast Milk donation.
I request all the lovely ladies and mothers who have completed brestfeeing their baby for more than an year after the birth and are still lactating, please donate your milk, it may save a baby's life. ... - Dr.Sneha Thakur [View Message]
An alternate option
I advice you to contact the nearest milk bank, they can provide you with milk for the baby, moreover I request ladies to donate their breasrmilk and encourage others to do the same. ... - Dr.Sneha Thakur [View Message]
i heard there are going to start amma breastmilk bank.. where people can donate their brestmil and who in need can get them at free of cost at can try that... - surya [View Message]
Need breastmilk for my baby in Chennai
Hi, Need breast milk fresh or frozen for my baby in Chennai. I will take care of transport or even the money. Pls reply if interested... - Divya Div [View Message]
Breastmilk Bank
Please contact trushtworthy breastmilk bank in your area rather than asking help from unknown... - Meena [View Message]
nice to know you are expecting a baby breastfeed the baby as many times as you can for the first 3 years ... - R [View Message]

Funny song on mobile Video