You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can i give cashews to my baby

Feeding: Can i give cashews to my baby
2008-11-19
Name: swetha Krishna Hello moms...
my baby boy is 13 months old.
Iam giving him Almonds(3-4) powder with milk in the breakfast time and cashewnut powder(3-4 cashews) adding some wholemilk as a snack in the evening time daily..
Is this good for health...shall i continue?
Which type of dryfruits i can give him?
need your suggestions..
please suggest me some diet chart also for my 13 months kid..
thanx in advance
bye!

Swetha krishna

Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2008-11-20
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi
Almonds 1 - 2 daily is ok. Please don' t give Cashews daily. It can lead to increase in unwanted cholesterol, and pose problems for your child later on. Once or twice a week is ok. WHy not try raisins instead. They' re high in iron, are sweet, and will not lead to any problems.

For diet chart, morning milk, then later breakfast, cereal / sooji // nachni / upma / idli, mid morning, biscuits and milk, or fruit and milk, or some other snacks / finger food, lunch - rice / roti + dal + veg / chicken / fish, mid afternoon snack - fruits and milk / fruit juice and biscuits, dinner - same as lunch.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-11-21
Name: Swetha
Subject:  Thanx
Thanx for the suggestion Mel....
Msg Objection   Go to Top
Pages >>  1 

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can i give cashews to my baby

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Doesn´ t eat properly
Hello Everyone,
This problem is very common in children,
there are many healthy snacks and whole wheat nutritional products are available online for babies, they are tastier, healthier, and organic also, try those products and in place of normal jams give them home made or handmade organic jams and spreads, here i am sharing a link which have all the nutrition... - Radhika gupta [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how
hello shwetha,
your baby is just three months, and how could you start to give formula milk if you never mind i would say one thing that try to give milk or cow by purchasing it directly from milk man.... - tarun [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how
hello shweta,
so you want to feed the baby with the lactose then you can ask to the doctor which month would be correct to feed the baby then after you feed the baby with the lactose because child health.... - varsha [View Message]
RE:Tips for Feeding a Newborn Baby
For a baby it’s a big task initially to hold the milk bottle & guide it to her mouth. The best way to know if she is ready for the bottle is to hand her a bottle & see where it goes from there.

Holding the milk-bottle and sucking from it is a skill which the baby can develop as early as at the age of six months or as late as a year. There is a... - radhika88 [View Message]
RE:Urgent- baby food receipes
try healthy snacks for babies and organic jams and spreads. these ready made healthy snacks are as healthy as home made food, ... - radhika88 [View Message]
RE:Supplimenting ?
hello sp,
hello madam please tell us did you try giving the same to your child was there any issues or any problem please share it was we are planning to give lactose powder to our daugther.... - divya [View Message]
RE:Supplimenting ?
hello friend,
there this is really tricky question as one point you are saying your child is under weight and at same time you want to try such things on him and if this goes wrong then it will be big concern.... - naveen [View Message]

Family Members Coping with Depression Video..
Home | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Comments or Suggestions | Indiaparenting News Articles | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | RSS
Copyright (c) 1999 - 2014 India Parenting Pvt. Ltd.