---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can i give cashews to my baby
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Can i give cashews to my baby
2008-11-19
Name: swetha Krishna
Hello moms...
my baby boy is 13 months old.
Iam giving him Almonds(3-4) powder with milk in the breakfast time and cashewnut powder(3-4 cashews) adding some wholemilk as a snack in the evening time daily..
Is this good for health...shall i continue?
Which type of dryfruits i can give him?
need your suggestions..
please suggest me some diet chart also for my 13 months kid..
thanx in advance
bye!

Swetha krishna

2008-11-20
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi
Almonds 1 - 2 daily is ok. Please don' t give Cashews daily. It can lead to increase in unwanted cholesterol, and pose problems for your child later on. Once or twice a week is ok. WHy not try raisins instead. They' re high in iron, are sweet, and will not lead to any problems.

For diet chart, morning milk, then later breakfast, cereal / sooji // nachni / upma / idli, mid morning, biscuits and milk, or fruit and milk, or some other snacks / finger food, lunch - rice / roti + dal + veg / chicken / fish, mid afternoon snack - fruits and milk / fruit juice and biscuits, dinner - same as lunch.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-11-21
Name: Swetha
Subject:  Thanx
Thanx for the suggestion Mel....
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can i give cashews to my baby

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Cornflakes for 9 months old
Hi Monika,
So can you say what would be your opinion also on that can you say because many people will be doing the same thing what ever you had done also and that would be better also.... - Lasia [View Message]
RE:sleeping medicine for babies
Hi Gauri,
So can you say what you had done to solve the problem also and the message which you are going to do also will be very valuable also and i hope you would do that also.I wish it must happen also.... - Geeta [View Message]
RE:Is Ragi same as Kutu
Hi Monika,
Now you need to comment on your own posting only because people would come to know about the result and the term and can you share how much good for health also it is .... - Myntra [View Message]
RE:Pedia sure or Junior Horlicks
Hi Jancy,
So can you say what would be the suggestion you are going to give can you say that would be helpful for all the people also and i hope every one could follow that one.... - Jai [View Message]
RE:menu n recipes for 7 months old baby
Hi Monica,
So can you share the menu of the baby who belongs to the age if seven months because you have posted this one some years back and it would be really helpful for all the people also.... - Mrunali [View Message]
RE:recipes for my 11 month old baby- to gain weight
Hi Namrata,
SO what were the recepies you had chosen for your kid and did it got worked out your problem can you revert back with an issue also and that would be better if you post an comment on this also.
... - Paul [View Message]
RE:Difference between Lactogen and NAN
Subject: RE:Difference between Lactogen and NAN
in NAN the formula is much more closer to mothers milk, as compared to lactogen.But to be very honest its better to give lactogen as i hear that doctors prescribe Nan as the get the commissions from the medical shop.... - dia [View Message]

Colouring Hair with Henna Video..