You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can i give cashews to my baby

Feeding:Can i give cashews to my baby
2008-11-19
Name: swetha Krishna Hello moms...
my baby boy is 13 months old.
Iam giving him Almonds(3-4) powder with milk in the breakfast time and cashewnut powder(3-4 cashews) adding some wholemilk as a snack in the evening time daily..
Is this good for health...shall i continue?
Which type of dryfruits i can give him?
need your suggestions..
please suggest me some diet chart also for my 13 months kid..
thanx in advance
bye!

Swetha krishna

Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2008-11-20
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi
Almonds 1 - 2 daily is ok. Please don' t give Cashews daily. It can lead to increase in unwanted cholesterol, and pose problems for your child later on. Once or twice a week is ok. WHy not try raisins instead. They' re high in iron, are sweet, and will not lead to any problems.

For diet chart, morning milk, then later breakfast, cereal / sooji // nachni / upma / idli, mid morning, biscuits and milk, or fruit and milk, or some other snacks / finger food, lunch - rice / roti + dal + veg / chicken / fish, mid afternoon snack - fruits and milk / fruit juice and biscuits, dinner - same as lunch.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-11-21
Name: Swetha
Subject:  Thanx
Thanx for the suggestion Mel....
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can i give cashews to my baby

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Doesn´ t eat properly
Hello Tulika this is very common thing and you should ignore it, please make sure you give food to your daughter at regular intervals that will help her keeping fill and will make no worries.... - Aditi [View Message]
Hi dear please stop worrying so much as this is a very common issue just speak to your doctor and the doctor will give you some medicines through which your daughter will start having food and love it.... - Anju [View Message]
Hi there do not panic as take this issue easily and make sure you feed your daughter after every couple of hours if she is not having anything then please consult a good doctor as she needs medication.... - Anaida [View Message]
I think you are thinking to much and you should not think so much please relax and be calm as this is very common issue and one must take good care of it and also you need to understand that this will happen as she she is small.... - Anamika [View Message]
Hi there please be very normal and no need to worry at all if you required then please visit a good doctor and take the advice if required as according to me there is no need to consult the doctor also as this is common.... - Anjali [View Message]
This is very rare as you need to consult the doctor immediately please do not waste time and visit the doctor toady itself as you need to show this problem to the doctor and he will start the medicine.... - Shivangi [View Message]
Hi there this is a very common aspect as all the children behave in the same manner so nothing to worry just leave for some time and then after some time automatically your kid will start developing the hunger.... - Sarita [View Message]

Spreading AIDS Awareness Video..