---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can i give cashews to my baby
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Can i give cashews to my baby
2008-11-19
Name: swetha Krishna
Hello moms...
my baby boy is 13 months old.
Iam giving him Almonds(3-4) powder with milk in the breakfast time and cashewnut powder(3-4 cashews) adding some wholemilk as a snack in the evening time daily..
Is this good for health...shall i continue?
Which type of dryfruits i can give him?
need your suggestions..
please suggest me some diet chart also for my 13 months kid..
thanx in advance
bye!

Swetha krishna

2008-11-20
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi
Almonds 1 - 2 daily is ok. Please don' t give Cashews daily. It can lead to increase in unwanted cholesterol, and pose problems for your child later on. Once or twice a week is ok. WHy not try raisins instead. They' re high in iron, are sweet, and will not lead to any problems.

For diet chart, morning milk, then later breakfast, cereal / sooji // nachni / upma / idli, mid morning, biscuits and milk, or fruit and milk, or some other snacks / finger food, lunch - rice / roti + dal + veg / chicken / fish, mid afternoon snack - fruits and milk / fruit juice and biscuits, dinner - same as lunch.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-11-21
Name: Swetha
Subject:  Thanx
Thanx for the suggestion Mel....
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can i give cashews to my baby

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
hi richa,
Take guidence from your mother and from mother in law too. and take consultation from doctor. for 5 month baby brest feeding is compulsory.... - richa [View Message]
hello richa mehrotra,
you ask question which milk is better for baby so my answer is mother milk is good and healthy for new born baby, it provide baby all healthy suppliement.... - chiku [View Message]
hi richa,
you ask the doctor about this. because doctor have better knowledge for all this questions, they will definately give you best advice and that helpful to you and baby.... - nimmo [View Message]
RE:menu n recipes for 7 months old baby
Hey monica, you can check online google will give you the best ideas is what i feel... - poorni [View Message]
hi richa
you had posted this year ago so what you used for your baby. as per my suggestion fro 5 months baby mother brest feeding is compulsory.... - heena [View Message]
hi richa,
take proper consultation from doctor and after give baby milk, but for 5 month baby brest feeding is compulsory.... - gowardhan [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
When it comes to children at such a young age, one must remember that the quantity of the food is what's most important. Excess of even something beneficial can end up causing harm to the body. I will not be able to comment on sugar since I haven't tried that when my child was younger. However, I used to feed my child very small amounts of Gowardhan ghee when he was around... - Priya [View Message]

Breathing Exercises Video..