---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Can i give cashews to my baby
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Can i give cashews to my baby
2008-11-19
Name: swetha Krishna
Hello moms...
my baby boy is 13 months old.
Iam giving him Almonds(3-4) powder with milk in the breakfast time and cashewnut powder(3-4 cashews) adding some wholemilk as a snack in the evening time daily..
Is this good for health...shall i continue?
Which type of dryfruits i can give him?
need your suggestions..
please suggest me some diet chart also for my 13 months kid..
thanx in advance
bye!

Swetha krishna

2008-11-20
Name: Mel
Subject:  Hi
Almonds 1 - 2 daily is ok. Please don' t give Cashews daily. It can lead to increase in unwanted cholesterol, and pose problems for your child later on. Once or twice a week is ok. WHy not try raisins instead. They' re high in iron, are sweet, and will not lead to any problems.

For diet chart, morning milk, then later breakfast, cereal / sooji // nachni / upma / idli, mid morning, biscuits and milk, or fruit and milk, or some other snacks / finger food, lunch - rice / roti + dal + veg / chicken / fish, mid afternoon snack - fruits and milk / fruit juice and biscuits, dinner - same as lunch.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-11-21
Name: Swetha
Subject:  Thanx
Thanx for the suggestion Mel....
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Can i give cashews to my baby

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:What to avoid when nursingNULL
Hi Ole,
So during nursing and after baby mother must be very careful regarding health and mainly neatness of home because kids will get easily effected.... - Jill [View Message]
RE:Aavin milk is good
Hi Minka,
Does avain is any milk powder or it is the packet milk.Because milk also become less quality and they are toning the milk and most even some powder also been added.... - Jhansi [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
Hi Mother,
If you feel the food which you are feeding the baby is healthy then you can feed the baby with that and it would be good to have some knowledge on that before you feed for baby.... - Vardhan [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how NULLNULLNULL
Hi Shwetha,
Many parents would go for cerelac and why did you chose lactogen.Because cerelac is been seen since many years as baby food product what would be the difference between the both.... - Gautam [View Message]
RE:How late can I give my baby cerelac NULL
Hi Minx,
What would you give in between 9 AM and 5 PM.It is not written and during that time you can give cerelac.So plan according to that schedule of the baby.... - Mishra [View Message]
RE:Feeding honey to babies under 1
hijaya, first you take suggestion from doctor... - rishi [View Message]
RE:Feeding honey to babies under 1
hi jaya, i suggest to go and meet doctor they will suggest you baby food and it helpful for baby health, it will good for baby.... - andrew [View Message]

Just Say No Video..