---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >loose motion
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:loose motion
2008-01-19
Name: worried
Hi,
my 11 month old is frequently having loose-motion for the last 2 months. it is the same time he cut his first tooth too. Earlier he had very regular bowels, once a day. nowadays, he passes motion after almost every meal. His weight is also very low, 7.1 Kgs at 11 months! otherwise, he is very playful and there seems no reason to worry about.
His diet is: Raagi kanji in breakfast, dal+roti+curd in lunch, cow-milk in afternoon (introduced cow-milk at 8 months, accepted well), soup/juice in eve, porridge or khichdi in dinner. and BM on demand and during nights. He is not sleeping through night yet. can you please suggest some home remedy for loose motion? and, also inputs on his diet?
Also, are apples good cure for constipation (sorbitol in apple juice) or they are good cure for loose motion? please help.

2008-01-21
Name: aks
Subject:  hi
apples for loose motions...apple juice for constipation.
try giving banana, rice, apple, toast..BRAT. Give saunf ka paani when he has loose motions...boil a li' l saunf in water n sieve it n let it cool. Give this.
I have read on this board some ppl give arrowraot powder...how ...i dnt know.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-01-23
Name: Aradhana
Subject:  Arrowroot
Arrowroot powder, just mix with water n boil till it is semi solid or to suit ur childs desired consistency. Very helpful.
Also he culd be passing loose stoold due to teething.
One thing i noticed with my daughter was that Raagi, too much of it , causes loose stools. when she was suffering from LM, as soon as i stopped LM , stools started to get firmer. donno the reason ..
take care :)
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
loose motion

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Difference between Lactogen and NAN
Hello Mummy,
It would be better you can consult to the doctor for this because they would give you with the better option for your baby and you can be free of all doubts also I wish you would consult to the doctor.
... - Lisa [View Message]
RE:Is Ragi same as Kutu
Hello Monika,
It can be know with the taste instead of searching here and there it would be better you just taste and confirm about that then only you can find about that also.I wish you would do that and let us know also.... - Neela [View Message]
RE:Nestum or Cerelac?
Hello Person,
So you just find out which would be the better food item and what are the foods your baby would not take and it would be very helpful for the person who are in the same situation and you can help them also.... - Kaira [View Message]
RE:Pedia sure or Junior Horlicks
Hello Jancy,
Before feeding any thing to the baby you have to check about that because it is not so safe for feeding the baby with out knowing completely then you need to consult to the doctor and feed the baby it would be better for you.... - Kaira [View Message]
RE:menu n recipes for 7 months old baby
Hello Monica,
You can consult to the doctor and then you feed the baby with the proper diet and it would be so helpful if you share that list with the people in the forum and they too will come to know about this i wish you would do that.... - Shiny [View Message]
RE:recipes for my 11 month old baby- to gain weight
Hello Namrata,
It would be better you can ask the doctor for such list they would give you with the list and you can feed the baby with what ever you want and take care of health also,I wish you would take proper decision.... - Kiran [View Message]
RE:Feeding Cerelac rice for the first time
Hello Vijay,
So it is very good to know that your baby will be feeding with the cerelac and you can feed the baby with all the food items and you just find about the food items and can feed the baby with them.... - Disha [View Message]

Parenting Six Children Video..