Artificial Insemination
Donor Eggs
In Vitro Fertilisation
Test Tube Baby
Undescended Testes
Unexplained Infertility

You are here: Home > Doctors on call > FAQs > Ear Deformities

Ear Deformities
Kindly read through our Frequently Asked Questions before submitting your queries. If you still wish to ask a question to our panel of experts, click here for our premium services.

Related ArticlesRelated FAQsDiscussion Boards
Ear and Nose Care Speech & Hearing Speech
Speech and Hearing Speech Delayed Hearing
Hearing Speech Pronounciations
more... more... more...
Ear Deformities >>>
 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My daughter speaks a little but has suddenly stopped speaking. She does not want to repeat any words. She used to get frequent ear infections and had ear tubes put after which she was doing quite well until now. She is normal otherwise, but does not talk. We are very worried.

Beena (Chicago, USA)

A: Get your child's hearing tested. If it is normal, you need not worry. If not, you need to correct her hearing in consultation with an ENT surgeon.

Q: My son was born with a congenitally deformed right ear i.e. the outer pinna is stuck to the inner one. The ear shape is present but it is fused. His left ear is normal. I have done his CT scan of brain which says canal well formed but fused to external pinna. His BERA tests reveal 40 decibels audibility in right ear. What should I do? Please recommend a good plastic surgeon in Bangalore. When is the ideal age to perform such cosmetic surgery? Will it affect him in any way in the future?

Anju (Bangalore, India)

A: I suggest you meet me personally at St. John's Medical College hospital between 4 to 6 p.m. any day. I will be happy to answer all your queries. We have a very good plastic surgeon in our hospital.

Dr. Subba Rao

Back to previous page

search search the site

To check our panel of doctors and experts
click here.

To check out other Faq's on various topics
click here.

E - Shop
Visit E-Shop Now!
Baby Photo Contest