1. Fill half a saucepan with cooking oil.
2. Boil 4 of the eggs for ten minutes, plunge into cold
water and remove the shells.
3. Skin the sausages and cover each egg well with the
meat of the sausages.
4. Break open one egg into a plate, and whip it lightly
with a fork.
5. Place around 2 heaped tablespoons of crisp breadcrumbs
into another plate.
6. Roll the boiled eggs which are now covered with meat,
first in the whipped egg, and then in the breadcrumbs,
so the egg is covered with a layer of breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the oil, and then deep fry the eggs for around 3
minutes, until they are golden brown.
8. Cut each egg in two, and serve with mashed potatoes
and peas, or salad.
1. Fill a sandwich with leftovers. Whenever you use
bread, try and stick to whole wheat or brown breads.
2. If you like, you could add grated cheese to the
sandwich along with the leftover filling.
3. Melt a little butter in a pan, and lightly fry the
sandwich to a golden colour.
4. Fry an egg and place it on top of your sandwich.
4 slices of bread
1. Take four slices of bread, and butter each on one
2. Place lettuce leaves and grated cheese on one slice,
on the second put tomatoes and onions, on the third
put scrambled egg. Top it off with the fourth slice,
butter side down. You could also add mayonnaise on
each layer to make it even tastier. This makes a
delicious and very filling snack. For a dinner dish,
simply replace the bread with toast.
175 g (6 oz) sugar
600 ml cold water
1 small egg
1. Peel the lemons very thinly, using a potato peeler or
a sharp knife.
2. Squeeze the juice out of the peeled lemons.
3. Put the rind into a pan with sugar and water.
4. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar, then bring to a
boil. Let it boil on full gas for five minutes.
5. Place the hot pan in a dish with cold water, so it
6. Add the lemon juice to this mixture.
7. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat the white
8. Strain the lemon, water and sugar mixture to remove
the rind, and pour it over the beaten egg white.
9. Fold them together with a spoon.
10. Fill a 7 by 4 inch loaf tin with cold water, empty it
and pour the lemon mixture into this undried tin.
11. Freeze it in your freezer.