Kapalbhati pranayama is a breathing exercise that is beneficial in many ways. Read on and learn how to do Kapalbhati pranayama.
Yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises are proven techniques to achieve good health. Yogasanas (yoga postures) are based on certain breathing patterns that help to maintain the wellness of the body and mind. Breathing exercises are learned and practiced throughout India since centuries. Western countries too are fond of yoga and people there have established number of yoga schools and institutions.
Most of the yoga instructors and experts always discuss the importance of breathing exercises and emphasize on the power of pranayama to their students. Read on to understand the life enriching benefits of Kapalbhati pranayama.
How to do Kapalbhati pranayama
Ujjayee, Shitali, Viloma, Kapalabhati, Anuloma, Bhastrika, and Bhramari are some of the popular forms of pranayama. Kapalbhati pranayama purifies entire respiratory system. Devoting some time to the practice of Kapalbhati pranayama in the morning will be highly beneficial. You will not need any cosmetic therapy to get that glow on your face.
- Be seated in a comfortable posture. Padmasana (crossed leg) and Vajrasana are the ideal yoga postures to practice pranayama. Place your hands on your knees. Feel relaxed. Focus on your breathing pattern.
- Take a deep breath in and then release the breath out. Now inhale slowly and exhale with a great force. Your abdominal muscles should get expanded when you inhale and get contracted when you exhale.
- The exhalations should be forceful. This exercise is similar to that of blowing your nose. The process of inhalation and exhalation should be constant. Make sure that while exhaling, you are throwing the air out from the lungs with full force.
- Do not take much effort while inhaling the air. Complete the procedure of Kapalbhati pranayama by deep inhalation and exhalation.
- You have successfully completed one round of Kapalbhati pranayama. A learner can do 3 rounds of Kapalbhati pranayama by doing 15 exhalations in each round. Take small breaks between each round. You can increase the number of exhalations and rounds of pranayama as per your convenience.
Benefits of Kapalbhati pranayama
Yoga is nothing but an ancient Indian art that has been practiced and taught by sages. Pranayama is so powerful that it ensures you radiant and glowing skin. Ageless skin without the use of any anti-aging cream, is that possible? Yes, the answer is hidden in the age-old methods. Kapal is forehead and bhati means glow.
- Kapalbhati pranayama helps to detoxify lungs and respiratory tracks.
- Boosts the supply of oxygen and purifies blood.
- Helps to tone up the abdominal muscles. It is also helpful in reducing belly fat.
- Kapalbhati pranayama is practiced before meditation. It improvises concentration span and helps to stay away from unwanted thoughts while practicing meditation.
- As its name suggests, a regular practice of Kapalbhati pranayama makes you look beautiful.
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team