If you are using Microsoft Photo Editor
- Open the Microsoft Photo Editor application.
Click on the 'Start' menu bar on your desktop. Next click on 'Programs' option and go to 'Microsoft Office Tools'. Now click on the option 'Microsoft Photo Editor' which displays in the 'Microsoft Office Tools' list.
- Click on the 'File' option given on the top left hand side corner of the application window. Next click on the 'Open' option from the list that displays after clicking on 'File'.
Navigate to where you have stored the image. When the folder window opens, choose the image file.
- In order to select the area you require, choose the rectangular select tool from the toolbar.
- After choosing the rectangular select tool, place your mouse at the starting point of the area in the image which you would like to select. Click once on that point and while keeping your mouse key pressed, move the cursor in the right direction and then towards the bottom till the area you require gets selected. This action will draw a rectangular area on the image.
Note: Make sure that the vertical size (height) of the selected area is more than the horizontal size (width).
Now leave the mouse button.
- Adjust the width and height of the selection by moving the dots as shown in the figure given below.
- Once the area you require is selected, click on the 'Image' option given on the top and choose the 'Crop' option from the list that displays. This action will open a new window for modifying the 'Crop' settings. Make sure that the 'Rectangle' radio button option in 'Crop Margins' is selected, if not, then select it. Now without making any other changes, click on 'OK' button.
- After cropping the image, check the new dimensions as shown in the figure below, by placing the cursor on the image to display the dimensions in the right hand side bottom area of the window.
- Resize the image if the width and height are more than the required dimensions (150w x 200h).
a. To resize, click on the 'Image' option given on the top and choose the 'Resize' option from the list that displays. This action will open a new window for modifying the 'Resize' settings.
b. Select the 'pixels' option from the dropdown under the heading, 'Units', as shown below.
c. Specify the width equal to '150' as shown below. The height of the image will get adjusted automatically. Click on 'OK' button after specifying the width.
d. Check the dimensions once again, as shown below.
- Now, if the height of the image is more than 200 pixels, make changes to the image as shown below.
a. Select the whole image
b. Adjust the selected area as per requirement, to get desired results.
c. Copy the selected area by clicking on the 'Copy' icon given in the toolbar, or, by going to 'Edit' option given at the top of the page and chossing the 'Copy' option from the list which displays after clicking on the 'Edit' option.
d. After copying the selected area, follow the steps given below.
Click to 'File' option given at the top of the application window and choose 'New' from the list which displays under it.
Specify the dimensions of the new image as 150 (width) x 200 (height) and click on 'OK' button.
After clicking on 'Ok' you will notice that a blank canvas shows up. Now click on the 'Edit' option given at the top of the page and choose 'Paste' from the list that displays below it.
Once the copied image shows up, save the new image by clicking on 'File' option and choosing 'Save' or 'Save As'.
After clicking on 'Save' or 'Save As' a new window will open up. Navigate to the folder where you would like to save this image, then enter the new name of the image next to the 'File name' option and click on 'Save' button, to save the image.
- Now recheck the dimensions/attributes of the image by repeating step 7.
- Once you get the desired results and the image is resized/cropped as per the required dimensions (150w x 200h), save the image, upload it and then submit it along with the registration details.
View sample images Register for contest