+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I dont want my bride to put mehendi

Question I dont want my bride to put mehendi

I am getting married in a month.
    I really hate mehendi and cannot stand the smell of it. i dont even lik to look at it. I dont want my bride to put mehendi for our wedding otherwise i would not even like to touch her on our wedding night

Is there any particular reason why this putting mehendi custom is so important? or is it just an olden concept of looking pretty?

Because if brides just put it bcos they think it makes them look pretty, then i will ask my fiancee not to put henna on her hands for the wedding!

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Mehendi is put because it is a rivaaz or a tradition indicating that the bride is getting herself ready for you. Also, depending on how dark the mehendi is, people claim that you can tell how much the bride loves the groom. There is another rivaaz where the groom has to find his initials in the bride's mehendi.

Most girls look forward to putting on bridal mehendi from the time they are little girls.. Just suck it up and go with the flow.. Dont let your dislike of the smell of mehendi ruin such age old traditions and your bride and her family's dreams..

I would like to express my gratitude to you for sharing this excellent post. I have to say that I am very impressed with your post because the information provided is both comprehensive and simple to grasp. Your subsequent post will receive a lot of attention from me. retro games